National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA)
Expression of Interest/Pre-Qualification for MDG Projects
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), as part of its statutory responsibility for HIV/AIDS Treatment, Care and Support in particular and strengthen the health system in Nigeria generally, has recently received funding from the MDG/DRG fund to support scale-up of HIV prevention interventions across the country over the next 12 months, and wishes to apply this fund to address the gaps in national HIV prevention programme.
The Agency intends to engage the services of reputable firms for development of Advocacy Materials & Messages, Rapid Assessment (Knowledge, Attitude and Practices Survey) and Medical Outreach in selected communities, among others as well as Supply of Projects Vehicles.
B. Assignments Description
Specifically, the objectives of the assignments are, among others.
- Rapid Assessment of transport corridor and mapping for intervention
- Expansion of project sites along North/South corridor project targeting Long Distance Transport Drivers
- Scale up of community level prevention efforts targeting Most at Risk Populations (MARPs)
- Demand creation activities (Accelerate PMTCT uptake in the 6 geo-political zones whilst prioritizing the 12+1 focal states for PMTCT scale-up)
- Advocate and implement behaviour change and HCT campaigns targeting women at community level
- Scale up of community level prevention efforts targeting most-at-risk women and girls in collaboration with gender focused NGOs and CBOs
- Procurement of Projects Vehicles
C. Guiding Criteria for Selection
The selection of the Consultants will be in accordance with the procedures set out in Guidelines published by the Bureau of Public Procurement.
D. Eligibility Criteria
Prospective Applicants are requested to make submission that demonstrate capacity and capability to undertake this assignment detailing the following information as basis for short-listing/pre-qualification for further evaluation in a subsequent process in which technical and financial proposals will be requested and reviewed accordingly. The prospective bidder may be a single entity or consortium but not individual consultants/suppliers:
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation and Article of Association;
- Detailed company profile containing experience with minimum five (5) years on related Assignment. These information should include Background with brochures and area of expertise, Description of similar assignments with verifiable letters of engagement and evidence of assignment completion, spell out professional capacity of staff as well as adequate and appropriate resources to carry out the assignment;
- Evidence of registration as a corporate entity with related professional and statutory bodies where necessary;
- Evidence of Tax payment for the past 3 consecutive years (2010 -2012);
- Evidence of VAT registration & proof of past remittances;
- Annual Turnover and Audited Statements of Accounts for the past three (3) consecutive years (2010-2012);
- Evidence of Compliance with the provision of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as contained in Section 16 (6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- For Joint Ventures (JVs) include Memorandum of Understanding (indicating the responsibilities and duties of the individual firms constituting the JV);
- Evidence of recommendation from prospective Supplier/Consultant’s Bankers indicating the financial capacity and capability to undertake the Assignment, if awarded.
E. General Terms & Conditions
Submission must be in English language only and dropped in the Tender Box provided in two (2) copies (one original & one copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “SUBMISSION FOR MDGs PROJECTS – (LOT number)” with acknowledgment to NACA office at the address below. The Agency reserves the right to reject any or all of the Expressions of Interest.
Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address from 9:00 to 3:30pm local time Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays). Submission must be delivered to the same address on or before 12.00 noon local time on Monday, 29th July, 2013.All submissions shall be opened immediately on the same day at the Conference Room of NACA.
Only shortlisted/qualified bidders would be contacted for the next stage of the procurement process i.e. issuance of Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Tender.
F. Contact Information
Procurement Unit, 2nd Floor,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
Plot 823 Ralph Shodeinde Street,
Central Business District, Abuja NIGERIA
Tel.: +234 (9)461-3724 – 29; Fax: +234 (9) 461-3700