The Science of Improving Lives
Request for Proposal (RFP) For Training Institutions
Introduction: Family Health International (FHI 360) with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of HIV/AIDS and TB services by building Nigerian capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive, prevention treatment, care and related services in various states within Nigeria. FHI 360 hereby invited reputable training institutions with proven experience and expertise in staff training and manpower development to participate in the prequalification process as described below. FHI360 will only engage the services of the successfully pre-qualified institution(s) in the areas of staff training and manpower development.
A. Scope of Services Required
The expected proposal should exhaustively address the following areas
1. Average framing coat and fees
2. Types and duration of training offered
3. Recognized training accreditation and certification
4. Number of years in training business
5. Facilities and training resources
6. Experience and track record
7. Post training follow up activities
8. Experience and certification of typical and key trainers
9. Mix of training offerings/Instructing
10. Samples of past training programs and evaluations
11. Level of technology supported training available
B. Qualification Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria to participate in the prequalification process shall be as listed below:
1. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission and other bodies with copies of form CO7
2. Evidence of payment of tax for the last three years. (Current tax clearance certificate)
3. Detailed company profile with registered address, functional contact email, telephone numbers and point of contact for the organization.
4. Verifiable evidence of trainings successfully carried out (with copies of contract letter, purchase order and signed satisfactory job completion certificate attached)
5. Recommendation letter from the Bank stating banking relationship
6. Current company’s audited statement of accounts
7. Affiliation with any international training institution
8. oProvide Recommendation letter from at least three organizations successfully served in the recent past
C. Instructions to Prospective Bidders:
1. All proposals must be in Naira (NGN) and signed by an authorized representative of the bidding company.
The proposal must include the following conditions
A. Payment terms
B. Validity period of the proposal
2. Late Bids
Any Bid submitted to FHI360 after the deadline for submission will be rejected and re-turned unopened to the Bidder.
3. Award Caveat
FHI360 will award the contract to the successful bidder whose proposal has been determined to be substantially responsive and finalized based on the suitability of the organization with reference to the prescribed criteria and competitiveness of the price quoted provided further that the bidder is determined to be qualified to perform the contract satisfactorily. However, if the terms and conditions are not found as per the prescribed norms, the claim of the lowest quote will be ignored.
4. FHI360 Right to accept any Tender and to Reject any or all Tenders
FHI380 reserves the right to accept or reject any tender, and to annul tender process and reject all tenders at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Bidder or Bidders or any obligation to inform the affected Bidder or Bidders of the grounds for the FHI360’s action
5. Taxes and Duties
The institution shall be entirely responsible for all taxes, etc. incurred in relation to the execution of any awarded contract.
6. A. FHI 360 will not provide any advance payment to the successful training institution. If such organization requires an advance payment, then the institution must provide a bank guarantee/performance bond amounting to the requested sum of advance payment prior to issuance of the contract or purchase order
B. FHI 360 is Value added tax (VAT) exempted, but charges Withholding Tax (WHT) in compliance with relevant Nigerian tax laws.
C. Bidders are instructed to submit sealed envelopes clearly marked RFP for Training Institution in the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
All quotes must be received by 5:00 pm on or before Thursday 20th June 2013 No faxed or email quotes will be accepted. All quotes must be addressed and submitted to:
Associate Director, Procurement, Contracts & Grants
FHI 380, Plot 1073 JS Tarka Street Garki
FHI360 designee will answer any questions up to the deadline date of this advert hence any requests for clarification should be referred to
Senior Procurement Officer, Procurement Unit
FHI 360, Plot 1073 JS Tarka Street Garki
Area 3, Abuja
email@example.com Tel: 09-4615555