Management Science for Health
Expression of Interest
Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and Faith Based Organizations (FBO) working in one or more of the following states: FCT Abuja, Gombe or/and Akwa Ibom.
- Strengthened institutional capacity for increased access to PMTCT and ANC services in select communities
- Strengthened organizational systems for increased community PMTCT in select communities especially for women living with HIV/AIDS
- Strengthened institutional capacity for increased adherence to PMTCT by women living with HIV/AIDS
PLAN Health is a USAID-financed program to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Government of Nigeria and Civil Society Organizations for improved HIV/AIDS and associated health services. To achieve this goal, PLAN-Health has two broad, but related, strategic goals: (1) Provide support and technical assistance to government agencies actively involved in the development and implementation of health policies and their respective frameworks; and (2) Develop local expertise to improve HIV/AIDS and other health services through strengthened institutional capacity in Nigeria.
Rationale for the grant:
PLAN Health is awarding grants to CSOs that will be committed to strengthening organizational systems, and whose mission includes providing HIV/AIDS and maternal/child services to women of child bearing age and People living with HIV (PLHIV) in local communities in Akwa Ibom or FCT or/and Gombe. Successful organizations will be expected to utilize the strengthened systems to achieve any of the three grant outcomes. This grant will be a contribution towards the total cost needed to provide services utilizing the strengthened systems in select communities.
PLAN Health is looking for fifteen organizations that will receive $20,000 each. Only successful organizations will be invited to the next phase of selection. The grant can be utilized in funding 30% of the administrative costs. The period of performance will be from April 2014 to April 2015.
This opportunity is open to only non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations and community based organizations in the locations indicated above.
- Duly registered and provide services in Nigeria as indigenous organizations
- Available to benefit from a 5-month system strengthening intervention that will focus on finance, M & E, board governance and proposal writing interventions prior to receiving the grant
- Shows significant evidence of utilization of the systems strengthened in delivering services to beneficiaries
- Have a registered board that is willing to provide governance oversight
- Willing to be mentored on how to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- The mission of the organization includes services to women and children.
- Have over three years demonstrated commitment to addressing key challenges of the HIV/AIDS epidemic especially PMTCT and ANC services for women, adherence to treatment services and provision of decentralized services to people living with HIV (PLHIV) in hard-to-reach terrains.
- Are willing to commit resources including time towards the process of their institutional development.
Selection Process and Criteria:
The selection process will conform to the USG procurement Integrity Standards of transparency and fairness. Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and responsiveness to the guidelines for submission.
Interested organizations should kindly:
- Download a Prequalification questionnaire from
- Fill the questionnaire and submit to email@example.com, with the subject title “Expression, of Interest”
- Deadline for expression of interest and submission of Prequalification questionnaire is 2nd July 2013