Specific Procurement Notice
(International Competitive Bidding)
Yobe State Government of Nigeria
Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Sub-Programme in Yobe State
Date 21st January 2013
Loan No: 2100150015645
Drilling of Hand Pump Boreholes in Schools and Public Places in 6 LGAS in Rural Areas of Yobe State
- This specific procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the sub-programme which appeared in the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) No 709 of August 31st, 2007.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) towards the cost of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-programme in Yobe State and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of the loan to eligible payments under the contract for the procurement of works: drilling of boreholes, Contracts Nos. IFB/YB/RWSSP/ICB/WORKS/SPP/HPBH/12/2013
- Bidding is opened to all Bidders from eligible member countries as defined in the ADB’s Rules I and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 2012 Edition.
- 4. HPBH-1
Description: Drilling and Installation of 74 Nos Hand pump Boreholes in Geidam, Yunusari, Yunufari, Jakusko, Machina and Pokiskum LGAs. The Bid Security should be in an acceptable form equal to NGN4.00 million or an equivalent amount convertible currency
- The Project Implementation Unit, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-programme in Yobe State now invites sealed bids from prospective eligible bidders for the above-mentioned packages
- Bidding will be conducted using International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 201 2 Edition.
- 7. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Programme Manager, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme, firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Address given below, from 8:30am – 4:30pm on working days.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language which
contain detailed specifications of the work may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of twenty five thousand Naira NGN25.000.00 or an equivalent amount in any convertible currency . Payment should be made to the project accounts below:
Bank: First Bank Nig. Plc, Damaturu Branch, Nigeria
Account Name: AfDB-Assisted RWSSP
Account No: 2016956258
- Bids must be delivered to the Programme Manager at the address stated in item NO. 11 below by 4th March 2013 at 11:00a.m and must be accompanied by the required bid security.
- Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who choose to attend in person at the following address on 4th March 2013 at 12:00pm; Conference Room of Yobe State Secretariat (IBB Secretariat) located along Maiduguri – Gashua bypass adjacent to Yobe State House of Assembly Complex, Damaturu.
- An information meeting will be held on 11th February, 2013 at the address below;
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme,
Flat A6 & A7 300 Housing Units,
Maiduguri Road, Behind NNPC Mega Filling
Attention: The Programme Manager