INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, ANKA
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION POST-BASIC (STEP-B) PROJECT
Procurement of laboratory equipment, chemical, laboratory fittings, stools and instructional materials
IDA CREDIT NO: 4304-UN
ISSUANCE DATE: 15TH APRIL, 2010
- This invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business issue no, 591 of 12th July, 2007.
- The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of Science and Technology Education Post Basic (STEP-B) project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payment under the contract for the procurement of laboratory equipment, chemicals, laboratory fittings, stools and instructional materials contract number IFB NO STEP-B/FGCANK/NCB/GDS/01/10
- The Science and Technology Education Post Basic (STEP-B) project Federal Government College, Anka now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the procurement of the following
|Lot No.||Item description||Quantity||Bid security||Delivery period||Validity period||location|
|1||Reagents Apparatus/Equipment for Biology, Chemistry and Physics labs||Various||At least 2.5% of bid price||60 days maximum||90 days||FGC, Anka Zamfara State|
|2||Installation of laboratory fittings for Biology, Chemistry and Physics labs including stools||280 stools 3 labs||At least 2.5% of bid price||60 days maximum||90 days||FGC, Anka Zamfara State|
|3||Procurement of instructional materials||Various||At least 2.5% of bid price||60 days maximum||FGC, Anka Zamfara State|
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB), a procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD loans and IDA credits and it is opened to all bidders from Eligible source countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Federal Government College, Anka, Step-b-project office and Inspect the bidding documents from 8.00am to 4.00p Mondays to Fridays excluding public holidays.
- Qualification requirements include Evidence of previous supply (sale) of similar reagents and Equipments/Apparatus proposed for the last five years.
Audited financial statements for the last three years to demonstrate the financial capability of the Bidder in terms of profitability and adequate working capital
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand naira (10,000.00) only. The method of payment will be by Bank draft in favour of Federal Government College, Anka step-b product or by cash. The bidding documents will be collected by the representative of the bidder or by courier services on request.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 2.00PM ON 17th May, 2010. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders’ reprehensive who chooses to attend in person at the address below at 2.00pm on 17th May 2010. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2.5% of bid price in a freely convertible currency or bank draft from a reputable Nigeria commercial bank, Bidders may bid for one or more complete lots as awards will be based on individual non-responsive.
Science and Technology Education Post-Basic (STEP-B) Project
Federal Government College, Anka
Telephone: 080366222465, 08086907061, 08034512955,