FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION POST –BASIC (STEP – B) PROJECT
INVITATION FOR BID
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, RUBOCHI – ABUJA
Procurement of Science Equipment, Chemicals, Office Equipment, ICT and Instructional Materials
IDA CREDIT No. 4304-UNI
Date of Issuance: 16TH April, 2010
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 591 of 2nd July, 2007,
- The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of Science and Technology Education Post Basic Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the Procurement of Science Equipment Chemicals, Office Equipment. ICT and Instructional Materials
CONTRACT NO: STEP-B/FGC /RB.GDS/NCB/01/10
- The Science and Technology education Post Basic Project, Federal Government College Rubochi, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Procurement of the following:
|Lot No.||Description||Qty||Bid Security||Bid Validity Period||Delivery Period||Delivery Location|
|1||Science Equipment||Various||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||90 Days||60 days||PGC RUBOCHI|
|2||Chemicals||Various||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||90 Days||60 days||PGC RUBOCHI|
|3||Office Equipment||Various||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||90 Days||60 days||PGC RUBOCHI|
|4||ICT||Various||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||90 Days||60 days||PGC RUBOCHI|
|5||Instructional Materials||Various||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||90 Days||60 days||PGC RUBOCHI|
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB). A procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from STEP-B FGC RUBOCHI at the address below and inspect the Bidding Documents from 8:00 to 4:00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
- Evidence of previous supply (sale) of similar Equipment proposed for the last 5 years.
- Audited Financial Statements for the last 3 years to demonstrate the financial capability of the Bidder in terms of Profitability and adequate working capital,
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall not be applied; Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of N 10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. The method of payment will be Bank Draft in favor of STEP-B FGC RUBOCHI or by cash. The Bidding Documents will be collected by the representative of the Bidder or by courier services on request.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00pm on Thursday 20th May, 2010. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders or bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 2:00pm on Thursday 20th May, 2010, All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 2.5% of the bid price in a freely currency or bank draft from a reputable Nigeria commercial bank.
- The address referred to above is:
The Project Manager,
Science and Technology Education Post -Basic Project, (STEP-B),
Federal Government college,
Telephone: Principal- 08023071336, PM-08033940952, PO-08036576733,
CO-08036457262, M&E- 08033978187