Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Economic Reform and Governance Project (ERGP)
IDA 4011 UNI
Procurement of Books, Periodicals and E- Journal (FRCN/ERGP/NCB/1/2012)
1. The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received credits from the International Development Association toward the cost of Economic Reform and Governance Project. It intends to apply part of the credits to payments under the contract for supply and delivery of textbooks to FRC, Nigeria for linkage programmes for Tertiary institutions.
2. The Financial Reporting Council, Nigeria now invites sealed bids from you for the supply and delivery of textbooks to the FRC as hereunder:
|Lot Nos.||Description||Delivery Period|
Bidders are allowed, at their option, to bid for individual lots or all lots. Bidders must quote for all items and quantities specified in each lot. They are allowed to propose appropriate titles to replace out of print titles. Bids not quoting for all items and quantities specified in a lot will be considered non-responsive. The basis for bid evaluation and contract award will be lot by lot, and the FRC will award the contract(s) to the most economical combination of lots based on the demonstrated capacity of bidders and discounts offered by the bidders in case they are awarded more than one lot. If no bidder bids for all items and the entire quantities specified in a lot, that particular lot may be awarded on an item by item basis at the option of the FRC.
3. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) as specified in the World Bank’s guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits.
4. Bidders that do not own copyright of the books they offer to supply shall submit a copyright authorization using the form included in Section V, Bidding Forms to demonstrate that they have been duly authorised by the owner of the copyright to supply these books in the purchaser’s country.
5. Bidders may obtain further information from the Project Officer, Economic Reform and Governance Project, Financial Reporting Council, Nigeria, Elephant Cement House, 2nd Floor, Assbifi Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos from 08.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday except on national public holidays.
6. Complete set of bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested Bidders at the address below: Financial Reporting Council, Nigeria, Elephant Cement House, Assbifi Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos and upon payment of non-refundable fee of N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira only). The method of payment will be by bank draft.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than 3% of the bid amount. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in Board’s Chambers of the Council at address (b) below at 10.30am on 19th April, 2012.
8. Bid must either be directly deposited in a tender box on the third floor Board’s Chambers or delivered at the same address (b) below on or before 19th April, 2012.
9. Address for inspection and purchase of bidding documents, submission and opening bids:
a). Address for Inspection and Purchase of Bidding Documents
Financial Reporting Council Nigeria, Elephant Cement House (3rd Floor) Assbifi Road. Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos. Telephone: 234-1-7918779, Fax: 234-1-3454450.
b) Address for submission and opening of Bids
Financial Reporting Council. Nigeria, Elephant Cement House (3rd Floor) Assbifi
Road, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos. Telephone: 234-1-7918779, Fax: 234-1-3454450.