Federal Government of Nigeria
Federal Ministry of Education
Science and Technology Education Post-Basic Project
Step- B Project: Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic,
Unwana, Ebonyi State
Issued Date: 12th July, 2011 Credit No: 4304 unI
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Procurement, Installation and Training of Equipment for Upgrading the Ceramic Technology Analytical Laboratory
IFB No: STEP-B/FP/UNWANA/GDS/NCB/01/2010
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 591 of 2nd July, 2007 and 4 National Dailies of the same date.
2. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Science and Technology Education Post-Basic Project (STEP-B Project), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for the procurement, installation and training of equipment for upgrading the ceramic technology analytical laboratory.
3. The Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State, now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Procurement. Installation and Training of Technical Staff for the following:
|S/N||Items||Description||Bid Security||Qty||Bid Validity
|1||1-16||Ceramic Technology Analytical Laboratory Equipment and Training||At least 2.5% of Bid Price||Various||Validity 90 days||Within 60 days|
|2||17||Installation of Equipment|
|3||18||Training of Technical Staff|
Bidders are advised to bid for all the Items, any omission in the items shall be declared non-responsive during evaluation.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB), a procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from eligible source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below, between the hours of 9.00 am to 4.00pm Mondays to Fridays, except on public holidays.
6. Qualification requirements include:
(i) Evidence of previous supply (sale) of similar equipment for the past 5 years,
(ii) Audited financial statements for the last three years.
(iii) Evidence of registration with appropriate/relevant Government Agency.
(iv) After sales service facilities in area of training and maintenance capacity in Nigeria.
A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) or US$64.10 (sixty four Dollars one cent only). The method of payment will be Cash or Bank Draft in favour of Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State. The Bidding Documents will be collected by the representative of the Bidder or by courier services on request.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 9th August, 2011 by 12:00 noon local time. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below on Tuesday, 9th of August 2011 by 12:00 noon local time. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of at least 2.5% of bid price in local currency or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
9. The address referred to above is:
Science and Technology Education Post-Basic (STEPB) Project
Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Ebonyi State
P. M.B. 1007, Afikpo, Ebonyi State.
Phone: 08125826640, 08067100231, 08064510477