Delta State Ministry of Environment and UNDP Programme 2013
Suitably qualified consultants are invited to tender for the implementation of the following activities.
1. Framework for Integrated Environmental Hazards and Risks Management in Delta State. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
- Generation of Baseline data on Environmental hazards and risks in Delta State.
- Evaluate degree of impacts and Environmental hazards/risks generating activities.
- Evaluate institutional collaboration in environmental hazards and risks management (NEMA, NGOs, NYSC, CBOs, CSOs)
- Review of existing regulatory guidelines for hazards management.
- Organize stakeholders workshop for the review of environmental hazards data generated.
2. Development of wastes to Wealth strategic plans in Delta State TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
- Generate baseline data on wastes generation and disposal.
- Develop Wealth creation strategies.
- Organize waste to wealth stakeholders workshop
3. Capacity Building on Coastal Flooding Management for selected coastal communities in Delta State. TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
- Identification of coastal flood prone communities
- Identification of causative factors
- Evaluation of degree of impacts
- Organize Stakeholders workshop and prefer remediative measures.
4. Environmental Publicity Media Faith Based Organized
- Identification of relevant faith based organizations
- Identification of print and electronics media practitioners/outfits and grassroots communicators in the state
- Train media personnels and faith based organization on environmental coverage, reporting and advocacy.
Qualification / Experience for Consultancy
For Activity 1:
Consultant must be an Environmental or Engineering firm with at least 4 years post CAC registration and MUST have handled UNDP, UN or Bilateral Agencies activities.
For Activity 2:
Consultant must be an Environmental firm with at least 2 years post CAC registration possess Doctorate degree in relevant field among the directors and must have handled UNDP, UN or Bilateral Agencies activities. Membership of NES or and EMAN will be advantage must have worked in Niger Delta State (s).
For Activity 3:
Consultant must be vast in environmental general advocacy, sensitization. Must be a General contracting firm that can work in the Niger Delta with at least 5 years experience and or an Individual with Geology, Industrial chemistry or Urban and regional Planning back ground.
For Activity 4:
Consultant must be environmentally oriented with at least 4 years experience with UNDP jobs and must have worked in Niger Delta in the past. Method of Application: Interested Consultant should submit detailed proposals with their bids using the two- envelop method. Each for technical and financial bids clearly marked and addressed to the undersigned on or before 29th April, 2013.
The UNDP Focal Person
Overseas Development Assistance Department
Ministry of Economic Planning
Asaba Delta State, Nigeria