Headquarters Nigerian Army
Ministry of Defence
Invitation to Tender for the Execution of year 2013 Capital Projects for the Nigeria Army
In partial fulfillment of requirements of Public Procurement Act 2007 in the procurement of goods and services by Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, the Nigerian Army wishes to undertake the execution of the under-listed projects under Year 2013 Capital Appropriation ending December 2013. To this end, competent contractors-vendors are invited to submit both technical and financial bids in line with defined scope and technical specifications for the projects:
1. Procurement of Tyres, Batteries & Service Parts for B Vehicles. Supply of tyres for Toyota Hilux, Ford
Ranger, Staff Cars (including BMW Series) and Trucks.
2. Improvement of Water Supplies in NA Barracks. Resuscitation of Unserviceable Boreholes and Drilling of Water Boreholes and Connection to Storage Facilities with Water Point in the under-listed Nigerian
- 1 Division Area – Reactivation of 16 Nos Unserviceable Boreholes in Ribadu Cantonment, Comilla Barracks & Kalapanzi Barracks (Kaduna), Basawa Barracks (Zaria) and Dalet Cantonment Kaduna.
- 2 Division Area- Sinking of 2 Boreholes & connection to storage facilities with water points each at Weppa-Wanno Barracks, Agenebode and NASEME – Auchi.
- 3 Division Area – (1) Reactivation of 19 Nos Unserviceable Boreholes in Shadawanka & Obienu Barracks (Bauchi),Gibson Jallo Cantonment Yola and Maimalari Cantonment Maiduguri. (2) Reactivation of 18 Nos Unserviceable Boreholes in Janguza & Bukavu Barracks Kano and Jaji Cantonment Kaduna
- 81 Division- (1) Construction of 1 x Water Treatment Plant each at Nigerian Army School of Signals (NASS) Apapa Lagos and Arakan Barracks Lagos respectively. (2) Reactivation of 22 Nos Unserviceable Boreholes in NA Cantonment in Ikeja & Ojoo, Dodan Barracks Obalende, DAMS Owode and Topo Barracks Badagry.
- 82 Division – (1) Sinking of 2 Boreholes & Connection to Storage Facilities with Water Point at Patrick Dan Archibong Barracks Calabar.
(2) Sinking of 2 Boreholes & Connection to Storage Facilities with Water Point at Ibawa Barracks Abak.
C. Qualification Requirements:
Tenders should meet the following requirements:
1. Indicate clearly the locations and areas of interest on the Technical and Financial Bid submissions, to include:
2. Technical Bld. The documents to be submitted in the technical bids are as follows:
- Photocopy of company profile (To include key staff, qualifications and experience).
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years (2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Company 3 years audited account report.
- VAT Certificate & evidence of past remittances.
- Evidence of registration and remittance with Pension Commission (PENCOM).
- Evidence of registration and remittance to the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
- Verifiable evidence of execution of similar projects in the past to include the contract sums, copies of letters of award letters and completion certificate; and other works experience.
- Evidence of financial capacity from a reputable Bank.
- Evidence of registration with the Nigerian Army.
- Financial Bids. The documents to be submitted in the Financial Bids are as follows:
- Covering letter with the company letter headed paper indicating the project bid for, Lot No, the contract sum and the location.
- Duly completed and authenticated breakdown of the financial bids (contract sum).
- Bank Guarantee indicating financial capacity from a reputable Bank.
Verification of Claims in Qualification Documents
The Nigerian Army reserves the right to verify the authenticity of claims made in the tender documents submitted and to take any action in the interest of the Nigerian Army as to whether to accept or reject the bids.
E. Collection and Return of tender Documents
- Tender documents are to be collected from the Deputy Director Army Tenders Board, Army Headquarters on payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N20,000.00 for all Categories of project
- Collection of tender documents commences on Tuesday 13th August 2013 and the return of the completed tender documents closes by 10:00am on Tuesday 24th September, 2013. All projects are to be completed by 31 December, 2013.
- Submission of bids should be in 2 separate envelopes, sealed and clearly marked as “Technical Bids for the ……” or “Financial Bids for the ……” indicating the project bid for and the location,
- The marked and sealed envelopes will be deposited in the Tenders Box located in the Deputy Director, Army Tenders Board’s office. Department of Army Logistics, Army Headquarters, Ministry of Defence, Area 7, Garki ABUJA.
F. Public Opening of Bids
The Opening of the technical bids will be on Friday 27th September, 2013 at Army Headquarters Restaurant, Area 7 Garki, Abuja. Unqualified bids will be disqualified where applicable. Qualified bids will be invited to take part in the opening of the financial bids on Monday 30th September, 2013 at the same venue.
Nothing in this advertisement shall imply commitment on the part of the Nigerian Army to enter into any agreement in respect of the above listed projects, reply any company not found suitable or entitle any bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever in respect of any expense(s) incurred in preparation for qualification. Late submission will not be considered. The decision of the Nigerian Army Tenders’ Board is final.
Chief of Logistics (Army)