Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency (NNMDA)
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
9, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island Lagos
2013 Due Process for Capital Budget Utilization:
Invitation for Tender
The Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency is a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology established to implement Government’s strategic mandate for the Research, Collation, Documentation and Promotion of Traditional Medicine.
In strict compliance with the Public Procurement act and the following Due Process procedure of the Federal Government, the Agency wishes to implement the under listed Projects for the utilization of the 2013 Capital Budget Allocation.
In pursuance of the above, Contractors, Consultancy firms, Event managers and
Suppliers are invited to collect and submit their tenders for the projects listed below.
Project and Scope of Work
|Development of Herbarium and Pilot Experimental Plant|
|General Annual Maintenance of MAPs at the model/Experimental farm at Jesse Delta State and Cultivation of MAPs and Procurement of Farm Implements, Manure & Topsoil, Barcode reader and other Consumables. (Ref. No. GCP)
|Lot IB||Procurement and installation of No. 1. 250KVA Generator. (Ref. No. GEN)|
|Lot 1C||Procurement of No 1 Project execution and monitoring Vehicle (Ref. No. PPV)
|Lot 1D||Construction of Borehole at the MAPs Experimental farm at PUT- Minna, Niger State. (Ref. No. CBF)
|Lot 1E||Publication of Books (Ref. No. PUB)
|Laboratory and Pilot Production Unit Development (PDU) (Primary Efficiency and Safety Analysis)
|Supply and installation of Laboratory Equipment and other Accessories and Staff Training (Ref. No. LEC)
|Lot 2B||Supply and Installation of Products Development Unit Equipment and Staff Training. (Ref. No. SPE)
|Project 3||Development and Facilitation of Observational studies of Herbal Therapies for Topical Diseases including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria etc.
|Lot 3A||Continuation of Research and Development of Herb-Herb combination Therapy for malaria. (Ref. No. RHM)
|Lot 3B||Facilitate the Continuation of (IN-HOUSE) of Herbal Mosquito Repellant Cream and Anti- Arthritis Herbal Ointment (Ref. No. MRC)
|Lot 3C||Continuation of Research and Development of Herbal Anti -diabetic Therapies (Ref. No. CHD)
|Project 4||Development of Digital Virtual Library and Dedicated focal reference centre for Traditional Medicine Knowledge and Practice (TMKP’s)
|Lot 4A||Procurement and Installation of Computers &Accessories, Air conditioners and Inverters Batteries, (Ref. No.PAB)
|Purchase of Books (Ref. No. PBK)
|Project 5||Development of an Appropriate Mechanism and Framework for an intellectual Property Rights Regime for Traditional Knowledge and Practice
|Lot 5A||Facilitate one National Stakeholder forum to review Draft Traditional Knowledge and Biological Resources Protection Document in Abuja Nigeria (Ref. No. FNF)
|Project 6||Conduct Ethno Medical, Veterinary and indigenous Medicine Technologies Surveys in Nigeria on Zonal Basis
|Lot 6A||Survey and Documentation of Indigenous Technologies (Traditional Bone Setting Techniques and Message Therapy) in Selected Communities in South-East Geopolitical Zone of Nigeria. (Imo, Ebonyi & Abia States) (Ref. No. DIT)
|Lot 6B||Ethno-Veterinary Survey, Inventory, Documentation and Collection of Herbarium Specimens in selected Communities in Niger, Plateau and Kogi States. (Ref. No. ETB)
|Lot 6C||Facilitate 2nd Phase Ethno-Veterinary Survey, inventory, Documentation and Collection of Herbarium Specimens in the Mambila, Plateau, Adamawa States and Yankari Games Reserves, Shiroro Dam and in 3 other selected communities in North East Geopolitical Zone (Ref. No. ETM)
|Lot 6D||Facilitate 2nd Phase Ethno-Veterinary Survey, inventory, Documentation and Collection of Herbarium Specimens in selected
C. Bid Documents Collection
1. Interested applicants should collect the bid documents from the office of the Director General/Chief Executive between 10:00 am and 3:30pm daily from the date of this publication.
2. All Firms/Consultants that wish to participate in bid/tender process should provide:
(a) Evidence of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission
(b) Evidence of Experience in execution of similar projects
(c) Evidence of Tax clearance certificate for the immediate past Three (3) years and VAT Registration/Certificates including TIN Numbers.
(d) A copy of Curriculum Vitae of the Key Consultant being proposed for the job
(e) Firms/Consultants shall indicate their contact addresses including Telephone numbers, and E-mail address.
(f) Evidence of Pension Fund remittance to Pension Funds Administrator (PFAs)/ Certificate of compliance issued by the commission
D. Submission of Bid Documents
1. Interested Contractors, Firms & Consultants are to collect the bid /tender documents on the payment of non-Refundable Tendering Fee of N10,000.00 for each LOT in Bank draft in favour of Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency, Lagos.
2. The bid documents should be returned in a sealed envelope with the Lot marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
3. Should reach the of lice of the Director General/Chief Executive, Nigeria Natural Medicine Development Agency (NNMDA), 9, Kofo Abayomi Street Victoria Island Lagos, not later than 1st August 2013.
4. Completed bids clearly marked as indicated at 2 above must be returned in a sealed envelope and addressed to the Director General/Chief Executive, NNMDA, 9 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, not later than 12.00 noon on Monday, 29th July 2013 as Bid Documents would be publicly opened same day at 1.00 pm at the Agency’s Conference Room. Representatives of Bidding Companies are requested to be present.
5. Late submission and incomplete Bid will be rejected
E. Companies are to note that:
The Agency will deal only with Authorized Officers/Representative of the Companies and not through Individuals or Agents acting on their behalf and shall not defray any cost or fees for the Bid exercise.