Federal Capital Development Authority
Abuja, Nigeria Office of the Executive Secretary
Invitation for Pre-Qualification to Tender
The Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) through the Department of Engineering Services intends to procure EXTENSION OF INNER SOUTHERN EXPRESSWAY (ISEX) FROM SOUTHERN PARKWAY (S8/S9) TO RING ROAD II IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL CITY within the year 2013 budget.
In line with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, the Authority is inviting interested, competent and reputable Engineering Construction Companies to submit pre-qualification documents:
2. Scope of Work:
The scope of work includes:
- Site clearance and earthworks
- Storm water drainage system
- Road Works
- Development of six (6) number interchanges
- Development of eight (8) number river bridges
- Development of four (4) number pedestrian bridges
- Development of one (1) number Via duct bridge
- Confirmatory site tests
- Retaining walls
- Power Supply and Street Lighting
- Conduits for Telecommunication
- Provision of Service ducts at crossings
3. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested Companies are invited to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
(a) Evidence of – incorporation of the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company and up to date Annual Returns to the CAC and forms C02 & C07.
(b) The Company must in addition show evidence of the following:
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Registration with PENCOM and Remittance to Pension Fund Administrator.
- Payment of Training Contributions to the Industrial training Fund (ITF)
- Compliance with the Employee’s Compensation Act (i.e.) Remittance of 1% of the total emolument of your workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
(c) A sworn Affidavit to the effect that:
(i) The Company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
(ii) The Company does not have any Directors who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or Financial impropriety.
(iii) No officer of the relevant committees of FCDA or BPP is a present or former Director or Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company.
(iv) All the documents submitted for the pre-qualification bid are not only genuine but correct.
(d) Evidence that the company is fully mobilised in Abuja with a functional site yard.
(e) A chart indicating the number and categories of Nigerians that are to be employed by the company as a result of this project.
(f) Audited Accounts of the Bidder for the last three (3) years duly endorsed by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
(g) Letter authorizing FCDA and her representative to cross-check the submitted company’s Bank account.
(h) Evidence of work experience as the main Contractor executing or having executed a minimum of five (5) presents of similar complexity compared to the proposed work within the last 5 years. Copies of Award Letters, Last Interim Certificate of Valuation for on-going projects, Completion Certificate and Final Maintenance Certificates where applicable are to be enclosed.
(i) Verifiable list of major construction equipment and facilities moblised within the Federal Capital Territory including registration numbers, chassis numbers, location (where they can be inspected) and remark on whether these are owned, leased or hired.
The minimum numbers of equipment/ facilities are as listed below:-
- Ten (10) Nos Bulldozers
- Five (5) Nos Scrappers
- Ten (10) Nos Graders
- Ten (10) Nos Excavators
- Fifteen (15) Nos Pay Loaders
- One (1) No. Asphalt plant
- One (l) No. Concrete Batching Plant
- Three (3) Nos Asphalt Pavers
- Ten (10) Nos Water Tankers
- Three (3) Nos Diesel Tankers
- Ten (10) Nos Mobile Concrete Mixers
- Fifteen (15) Nos various Compactors
- Five (5) Nos Concrete Pumping Machines
- Ten (10) Nos various type of Cranes
- Thirty (30) Nos 20 – 30 ton tippers
- Ten (10) Nos dumpers
- A functional and well equipped material testing laboratory to carry out material testing.
(j) List of key technical personnel stating their roles, designation, qualification and years of experience with the guarantee that a minimum of seven (7) relevant COREN Registered Engineers of various disciplines shall be deployed to the project. Copies of educational and professional certificates are to be attached.
(k) History of Company’s policy on Community Social Responsibility.
(I).Evidence of possession of robust traffic management department/unit and ability to regulate high volume of traffic during construction
4.0 Submission of Documents:
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in A Hard copy and AN Electronic Copy (PDF format on CD) of the Technical Proposal and should be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked “ORIGINAL” and “ELECTRONIC COPY” with the following inscription: “PRE-QUALIFICATION TO TENDER FOR EXTENSION OF INNER SOUTHERN EXPRESSWAY (ISEX) FROM SOUTHERN PARKWAY (S8/S9) TO RING ROAD II IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL CITY
The documents should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, FCDA and submitted directly to FCDA Procurement Department, Room 0.014 (Ground Floor) New FCDA Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja on or before Monday 4th November, 2013. All documents will be publicly opened on the same day at the FCDA Conference Room after the close of bids at 12:00 noon in the presence of all prospective bidders or their Representatives.
- Items 3a – 3e are the Eligibility Requirements and the Original documents must be produced by the Company for sighting during the opening session,
- The photocopies of professional certificates are to sealed and signed by the owners.
- This is not an invitation to tender. Only pre-qualified Companies will be invited to tender for the project. Others may know their performance by a formal request to the Accounting Officer of FCDA.
- Interested Companies are responsible for the registration, timely and safe submission of their pre-qualification documents means of delivery notwithstanding.
- The Authority shall carry out Due Diligence on the companies to verify claims included in their submissions.
- Interested members of the Public especially Civil Rights organizations could attend at their own cost and will be required to introduce themselves to the chairman of the opening session.
- The Authority reserves the right to cancel the procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring any liability to the bidders
Director, Procurement For: