College of Education, Kano
Invitation for Pre-Qualification Tetfund 2008/09/10/11 (Merged) Normal Intervention & 2010/11/12 Int. In Library Dev.
The Federal College of Education, Kano Invites interested competent and reputable contractors to apply for the Pre qualification exercise as a condition to participate in the bidding for the College Year 2008/2009/2010/2011 Tetfund (Merged) Normal intervention & 2010/2011/2012 (Merged) intervention in Library Development. Interested bidders are to submit all the required information as well as comply with all other requirements for the prequalification of the projects.
Year 2008/2009/2010 /2011(MERGED) Normal Intervention
1) Construction of 1000-Seater Capacity Lecture Theatre
2) Construction of Block of Lecture hails (Phase II)
3) Construction of Academic conference centre (Phase II)
4) Fabrication of furniture for Lecture theatre & Block of Lecture Hall
5) Supply & Installation of office furniture and Equipment
6) Procurement of 30-Seater Toyota Coaster for field trip SIWES and Teaching Practice
Year 2010/2011/2012 (MERGED) INT. in Library Development
1) Procurement of Assorted Textbook
2) Procurement of Journals for different department
3) Procurement of Library Encyclopedia
4) Installation of CCTV for the College Library
5) Procurement of Library Furniture and Equipment
2. Pre-Qualification Requirements
a) Each Contractor is expected to submit the following mandatory documents
i. Evidence of Incorporation with Corporate affairs Commission (CAC), (Memorandum and Article of Association).
ii. Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the fast three (3) years ( 2010, 2011 & 2012)
iii. Company Audited Account for three (3) years (2010, 2011 & 2012) prepared by Chartered Accountant, duly signed and stamped with ICAN or ANAN Seal).
iv. Sworn Affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
v. Sworn Affidavit that no current staff of the Federal College of Education, Kano is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Company Submitting Bid.
vi. Evidence of compliance with the pension Act in accordance with Procurement Act 6(d)
vii. Evidence of compliance with Section 6(i) -(3) of the ITF Amended Act 2011
Please Note: Failure to Provide any of the above (i)-(vii) will automatically disqualify the bidder.
b) Other Criteria
i. Evidence of Financial Capability and Banking Support (Bank Reference letter, Recent Statement of Account).
ii. Experiences/Technical Qualification and experience of key personnel (Company Profile, CV and Credentials).
iii. Evidence of “Similar Projects” executed over the last five (5) years and evidence of knowledge of the industry (Award letters of projects executed, copies of valuations and completion certificates are required).
iv. List and Sources of Equipment and Technology Capacity (Evidence of ownership/ Lease agreement)
v. VAT Registration (TIN Number) and evidence of past VAT remittances
vi. List of completed and On-going Projects (if any)
Note: – Original copies of documents listed above must be produced for sighting after being pre-qualified, before collection of Tender Documents.
3. Submission of Completed Pre-Qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in sealed envelope and clearly marked “Pre-qualification to tender (name of the Project)” and shall be delivered to:
The Secretary (Tender),
Federal College of Education,
P. M. B. 3045, Kano.
Not later than 22nd July 2013, The documents will be opened at 12:00 noon on Monday 22nd July, 2013 at the College Council Chambers (FCE, Kano Main Campus), No late submission will be entertained after 12:00 noon on the expiration of the three 3 weeks stated above.
- That the College reserves the right to verify any claim by the bidders and may disqualify Contractor(s) on false claim of any document(s).
- That by submission of Pre-qualification documents F.C.E Kano is neither committed nor obliged to award any contract to any Contractor.
- That this advertisement for invitation to per-qualification shall not be considered as a commitment on the part of the College, nor shall entitle any bidder to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from F.C.E Kano.
- That Full tendering procedures will be applied only to bidders that have been pre-qualified and found capable of executing the projects.
Alhaji Musa Sule
Chairman Procurement Committee