Standards Organization of Nigeria
Extension of Time for Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
Reference is hereby made to the advertisements placed in the Vanguard newspaper of Tuesday, May 8th 2013, Leadership newspaper of Tuesday, 6th 2013 and the Federal Tenders Journal of May, 20th June 2013 inviting reputable and qualified firms to submit pre-qualification documents.
In the said advertisements, closing date for submission of proposals was fixed for 12 noon Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 and opening of bids shall commence immediately after. In view of the ambiguity surrounding the deadline for submission and opening of bids, the management of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria wishes to clarify that interested bidders of lots earlier advertised in the above newspapers are hereby informed that prequalification documents can still be submitted in the office for lots, Lots 1-10 as follows:
All prospective bidders are required to submit the following documents
- Name of company, registered address and telephone number of Chief Executive, e-mail address of company and contact telephone numbers;
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration with CAC including particulars of Directors,
- Evidence of Certification or exemption from PENCOM in accordance with the PENCOM Act 2004 including evidence of remittances of employees’ pension contribution:
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act 2011
- Evidence of Technical capability for the works goods or services to be provided
- Tax clearance certificate for 2012, 2011 and 2010 with TIN numbers at FIRS or State Government State Tax Office as applicable;
- Company audited accounts for 2012, 2011, and 2010
- Evidence of VAT registration and remittance
- Verifiable list of similar job successfully executed in Nigeria in the past 5 years including letters of award, completion certificates and payments. (Please provide the names, address, telephones and e-mail address of clients for verification as failure to do so may lead to disqualification)
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project
- Company profile and technical/ professional qualifications of key personnel
- A sworn affidavit that none of the Director has been convicted in any court of law of any criminal offence
- A sworn affidavit that all information submitted by way of documents are correct
|Lot||Description and Verifiable by the Organization|
|1||Renovation/Reconstruction Of The Old Chemistry Laboratory Lekki|
|2||Renovation and Remodeling of Electrical and Metrology|
|3||Supply and Installation of Metal Scanner Security Doors at the Lagos and Abuja Offices|
|4||Supply and Installation of Wireless Intercom at the Abuja and Lagos Offices|
|5||Supply and Installation of Wooden Work Stations at Lagos, Abuja and Apapa Operation Office|
|6||Renovation/Extension of Abuja Office Building and Surroundings|
|7||Bi-Annual Market Research on the level of substandard Products in Nigeria|
|8||Provision and Installation of Accounting Software|
|9||Renovation/Construction of Paint Laboratory at Lekki|
|10||Upgrading of New/Old Enugu Engineering Laboratory for Accreditation|
Submission of Document
Interested contractors, suppliers and consultants must submit one original and two copies of the pre-qualification document duly signed and enclosed in a sealed envelope indicating the lot number at the top right hand corner of the envelop and addressed:
The Director General,
Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON),
No. 52, Lome Street,
Wuse Zone 7,
The document must be deposited in the SON Tender Box at the Organization Office located at No. 52, Lome Crescent, Wuse Zone 7, Abuja.
The name of the Company should be written at the reverse side of the envelope, with contact telephone numbers and email address.
Documents received will now be opened on 22nd August, 2013 by 12 noon in the Conference hall, Standards Organization of Nigeria, Wuse Zone 7, Abuja. Those who had submitted before and wish to give further information are free to do so.
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays) OR CALL: 08092751757.
NIS………….Improving life through Standards