Ebonyi State Universal Basic Education Board
P.M.B 052 Abakaliki
Tel/Fax: 043-220560, 220913
2010 Special School Projects:
Invitation for Tender for the Execution of Basic Education Special Projects in Ebonyi State Special Schools
Ebonyi State Universal Basic Education Board hereby invites sealed bids from reputable and qualified contractors, Suppliers and consultants/trainers for the execution of basic education special projects for the year 2010.
The projects include construction of classroom block, library hall, procurement of furniture, instructional materials and capacity building of teachers of Ebonyi State special schools as outlined hereunder:
- A. Location of Projects:
Dr. Uche Azikiwe Spcial School,
Okposi, Ohaozara local Government Area, Ebonyi State
- B. Scope of work:
Lot 1: Infrastructural Development
- Construction of 1 no block of 3-classrooms with headmaster’s office, toilet facilities and an entry ramp for wheel chairs
- Construction of 1 no Library Hall of one standard classroom size with a chairman’s office and toilet facilities.
Lot 2: Procurement of Equipment & Furniture
- Procurement and supply of 5 numbers of 4×1 reading tables with 4-chairs each
- Procurement and supply of 2 no steel cabinet (New cline) with 4-drawers.
- Procurement and supply of librarian’s padded table with 4-drawers and 3-padded chairs.
- Procurement of matron’s padded table with 4-drawers and 3 chairs
- Procurement and supply of 100 nos of 2-seater desks for pupils
Lot 3: Procurement of Instructional Materials
- Procurement and supply of 10 nos.-wall maps of Nigeria, Africa and the world-(60 x 92 cm)
- Procurement of 10 nos-World Globe (30cm diameters)
- Procurement of 150 no. Braille slate with writing frame (A4 size)
- Procurement and supply of 50 no. stylus will stainless steel tip.
Lot 4: Capacity Building of Teachers:
Successful bidders shall undertake a 2-day capacity building workshop for 200 classroom teachers and JSS teachers on their roles in classroom implementation of inclusive education in Ebonyi State basic education subsector.
- C. Important Notice/Information
Tenderers are hereby informed that all pre-qualification requirements, which are officially relevant and accepted as tender documents in all past and on-going Ebonyi SUBEB/UBEC intervention projects apply in these special education projects and programmes herein ear-marked for execution in Eboyi State.
- D. Submission of Tender Documents
All tender documents must be enclosed in a sealed envelope, and marked “2010 Special Education Projects” such documents should be addressed to the Executive Chairman, Ebonyi State University Basic Education Board, Abakaliki, and must reach the office of Head of Department, Physical Planning, works and Maintenance, Ebonyi SUBEB Headquarters not later than 30th June, 2011