SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Invitation for Prequalification
Lagos Cable Car Transit (LCCT) Project
Provision of Sub Structure (Piling) Engineering Services for an Urban Mass Transit Aerial Cable Car System in Lagos, Nigeria
Date 4th July 2013
1. Ropeways Transport Limited (RTL) has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB), hereinafter referred to as AfDB, in various currencies towards the cost of the Lagos Cable Car Transit Project which comprises of the construction of three cable propelled transit lines in Lagos, Nigeria and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for which this Invitation for Prequalification is issued.
2. Doppelmayr Seilbahnen GmbH has been appointed as RTL’s technology provider. The Project comprises of:
- Three (3) transit lines from Apapa to Adeniji Adele via Oluwole; Ijora (7Up) to Adeniji Adele via Iddo; Adeniji Adele to Victoria island via Obalende and Falomo with stations at each of these locations;
- Sub structure works – piling and tower bases and foundations for the stations;
- Super structure works-construction of three (3) concrete towers (150m- 180m high) and erection of eleven (11) steel towers;
- Detailed design and construction of eight (8) stations;
- Detailed design and installation of M&E works, and
- All associated infrastructure works.
RTL intends to prequalify firms for the provision of Sub Structure (Piling) Engineering Services in respect of the project. These Services shall comprise of piling and towers and the station.
3. Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Document at the RTL Head Office (address below) between 10:00a.m and 4:00p.m during normal working days. A complete set of the Prequalification Documents in English may be purchased by interested applicants through the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non- refundable fee of N82, 000 or US$500. The method of payment will be by Bank draft or Managers Cheque drawn in favour of Ropeways Transport Limited Ropeways Transport Limited.
4. Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in AfDB’s ‘Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works’, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the ‘Rule’.
5. Interested parties should provide evidence of having carried-out similar assignments in the last 5 years with a minimum turnover in the last 12 months of Ten Billion Naira (N10b) and stating the following details:
- Name of Project/Facility
- Brief description,
- Scope and nature of work carried out,
- Contract value and duration,
- Contact name and address of a referee in project.
6. Applications for Prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by 17th July 2013, and be clearly marked: “Application to Pre-qualify for Lagos Cable Car Transit Project (Piling Work) Contract Number LCCT/6/2013”
Ropeways Transport Limited,
Id. Oba Elegushi Road,
Tel: +234(0) 18447797
Attn: Captain Dapo Olumide
7. It is expected that Invitations for Bid (IFB) will be made in July 2013. Applicants will be advised, in due course, of the results of their applications. Only firms and joint ventures prequalified under this procedure will be invited to bid.