Nasarawa State University,
Rm.B 1022, Keffi, Nasarawa State Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification/Expression of Interest (EOI) from Interested Contractors for the Entrepreneurship
Component of the Year 2011 tetfund Intervention
The Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa state invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors, to make submission for pre-qualification/expression of interest (EOI) for the construction and equipping of Entrepreneurship Development Centre.
B. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Entrepreneurship Development Centre has the following components: Construction of Skill Acquisition Workshops, Furniture and Equipment and procurement of Generator.
C. Pre-Qualification Criteria
Interested Bidders are expected to submit documents for Pre- qualification as enumerated below:
I. Compulsory and Mandatory Criteria
a. Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
b. Company Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2010,2011 and 2012).
c. Evidence of Tax clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2010, 2011 and 2012).
d. Evidence of VAT Registration and remittance with FIRS TIN number.
e. Evidence of remittance of pension and social security contribution of employees with PENCOM.
II. Other Criteria
- Comprehensive Company Profile indicating Technical and administrative Staff strength, with academic/professional qualifications (CV) and years of experience of key personnel available for the project.
- Evidence of relevant verifiable experience in at least 5 projects of similar nature and complexity executed in Nigeria over the last five (5) Years indicating cost, duration of execution, practical completion certificates as well as reference letters and award letters.
- Evidence of social responsibility in terms of endowment, sports and TET-Fund contribution.
- Letter of Financial Reference from a reputable Bank and consent to allow for verification with Bankers,
- A declaration or a sworn affidavit indicating the following:
(i) That all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
(ii) That none of the directors has been convicted in any court from any criminal offence including fraud or financial impropriety.
(iii) Whether any officer of Nasarawa state University is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company
(iv) That there is no promise of a gift or inducement in any form to any staff of the University,
(v) That the company is not in receivership, insolvent bankrupt.
Please note that failure to provide any of CI(a-e) will automatically disqualify the bidder.
D. Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
a. The Technical bid (Pre-qualification Documents) should be sealed and clearly marked in an envelope and labeled “Pre-Qualification/Expression of Interest for the construction and equipping of the Entrepreneurship Development Centre at the top right corner and addressed to:
Nasarawa State University,
Keffi, Nasarawa State.
E. Closing date for submission
The closing date and time for the submission in respect of this exercise is on before 20th February, 2013 at 11:00am. Any document submitted after this date and time will be rejected.
a. The bids are schedule to be opened on the same date at 12:00 noon at the Senate Chamber of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
b. All prospective Contractors are invited to the public opening ceremony and also advised to bring along relevant original documents for sighting
c. Please note that only pre-qualifled Contractors shall be invited to tender
Alh. Dalhatu O. Mamman, FICEN
Registrar & Secretary to Council