Ebonyi State Government
Abakaliki Capital Territory Development Board
No 7 Ezza Road, Abakaliki
Invitation for Pre-qualification of Consultants for the Preparation of Abakaliki Master Plan
A. Project Background:
The Government of Ebonyi State is desirous of preparing a comprehensive Master Plan for the 15km radius of Abakaliki Capital Territory. The Master Plan has become necessary in view of the increasing urbanization and haphazard development in the capital city. The State Government as part of its development vision therefore, invites interested, competent and reputable Nigerian Town Planning firms registered with relevant Town Planning Regulatory bodies and associations for prequalification for the job.
The successful consultant will be required to complete the proposed Master Plan project within eighteen (18) months.
B. Scope of Work:
The Master Plan shall include but not limited to the following: –
a. Production of Base Map and Cadastral Map for the capital city with the most recent high resolution (i.e. of ground spatial resolution of not lower than 0.8m) satellite imagery and aerial photographs of the Capital territory.
b. Undertake comprehensive survey of the existing land use pattern m the capital city,
c. Identify and assess the existing infrastructural facilities and services and project growth and future needs for the period 2013 2023.
d. Carry out traffic and transportation surveys (road and water transport) including motorized and non-motorized with the objective of identifying existing bottlenecks and opportunities that may affect or influence immediate and future demands in the capital city.
e. Undertake survey of existing socio-economic activities and facilities such as school healthcare, employment opportunities and other related variables and project growth and future needs.
f. Carry-out an in-depth demographic survey taking into consideration the population characteristics, existing and projected growth for the period 2013 2023,
g. Undertake survey of housing stocks and building development patterns, land values and properly rating with a view to determining the use characteristics and intensity of development
h. Review of all existing Plans and other past planning studies prepared by other consultants for the town.
i. Carry out a detailed comprehensive Master Plan to guide the present and future development of the capital city.
j. Develop phasing options to minimize disruption of operations during the Master Plan implementation.
k. Generate detailed designs of all immediate urban communities that are currently or likely to be conurbated by the urban wave.
l. Undertake interim measures (including preparation/review of planning schemes) to arrest haphazard development in the existing layouts.
m. Carry out training for staff of the Board on the use of relevant computer software for the Master Plan Implementation and development control in the capital city.
n. The successful consultant will be required to undertake up to five formal presentations to ACTDB and key stakeholders
C. Pre-Qualification Requirement:
Prospective Town Planning Consultants should submit the following information/documents for the pre – qualification;
- i. Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- ii. Evidence of up-to-date annual returns with CAC (2012
- iii. Clear indication of a verifiable Head Office address
- iv. 3 years Tax clearance certificate (2012 TCC)
- v. Registration of VAT with TIN and Remittances
- vi. Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies (in this case TOPREC, ATOPCGN.etc.)
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial! Training Fund (ITF) contribution as contained in the bureau for public procurement (BPP) regulations.
- Profile of the firm, including key staffs, the role of each corporate entity (in case of a consortium) and full contact details of the lead firm.
- ix. Verifiable track record of not less than 10 years in the preparation of City Master Plans and at least (2) Master Plan jobs undertaken (completed or ongoing) within the last three years.
- x. Evidence of Financial Capability and Banking Support including Bank’s Reference and recent Statement of Accounts;
- xi. Copies of unabridged financial reports for the fast 3 years ( i.e. annual audited account).
- Evidence of compliance with provision of Pension Reform Act 2004 with up-to-date remittance
- Evidence of compliance with local content requirement with history of company policy and company social responsibility.
- Sworn affidavit in line with the provision of part IV, section 16, subsection 6 (e & f) of the Public Procurement Act 2007
- Evidence of registration and up-to-date remittance with Social Insurance Act
- Proposed methodology and work plan re-Technical Approach, work plan and organization.
D. Submission of Pre-Qualification Document:
The Pre-Qualification shall be in English, and must be submitted in two (2) hard copies in A4 paper size, neatly bound and sealed in an envelope clearly marked “Pre-Qualification Document For The Preparation Of Abakaliki Master Plan” on the top left corner of the envelope,
All documents must be submitted to the office of:
The General Manager
Abakaliki Capital Territory Development Board,
No.7 Ezza Road, G.R.A.
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State,
E Closing and Opening of Submissions
Submission of Pre-qualification Documents shall close at exactly 10.00am on 25th March, 2013. All submissions will be opened on the same day at 12noon at the Abakaliki Capital Territory Development Board Conference Room, Abakaliki.
F. Important Information
- ACTDB reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made in the pre-qualification documents submitted by consulting firms
- All submissions must be in English Language
- Failure to comply with the instructions and to provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification,
- ACTDB reserves the right to reject any or all the pre-qualification documents
- Interested applicants may obtain further information at the ACTDB from 8.00 am to 3.00pm, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays)
- Only pre-qualified consultants) will be invited to submit Technical and Financial proposals for the preparation of the Abakaliki Master Plan.
G. Disclaimer and Conclusion
The ACTDB will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party (ies) in connection with any response or submission in respect to this publication.