Niger State Government
Ministry of Lands and Housing
Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI)/Tender for Review of Minna, Suleja Master Plans and Preparation of Baro Master Plan
1.0 In line with Niger State Government vision of attaining the status of being among the three best economies in Nigeria by the year 2020. Niger State government is desirous to review the existing Master plans of Minna and Suleja and also to develop a fresh Master plan for Baro town that will be able to address the current and emerging challenges/opportunities of these cities. The Master plans will among others provide a set of managing guideline that defines the long-term big picture framework within which policy, fiscal, administrative and strategy decisions would occur with respect to physical planning and environmental development.
1.1 The Niger State government has the intention of executing the under listed project in the year 2013. Consequently the ministry invites competent and reputable firms with expertise for the execution of the same projects below.
1. Review of Minna Master Plan.
2. Review of Suleja Master Plan.
3. Preparation of Baro Master Plan.
For the purpose of the project, Minna encompasses greater Minna (50km radius from the city center), Suleja includes Suleja, Tafa, and Gurara local government areas. While Baro covers an area of about 284.01km2 with the village Head’s house as the centre. Baro which has an Important inland port and railway settlement is expected to attract activities and population growth due to the ongoing dredging of River Niger.
2.0 Project Description
Brief Description of the Intent and Task for the study focus areas are provided below
i. Consultation with stakeholders for initial input and report back to stakeholders on proposed land use plan (public, private and local communities)
ii. Assessment of demand and opportunity for growth e.g. Tourism, Population growth, commercial/industrial development.
iii. Assembly and Mapping of baseline information (land use, Topography, Drainage, Vegetation, Infrastructure etc.)
iv. Preparation of detailed land use plans for selected special planning areas or growth areas in Minna, Suleja and Baro.
v. Any other requirement that could be deemed necessary.
All bidders are expected to be local /international firms with proven track record in emerging cities’ planning and should provide the following:
1. Prove of registration with Niger State public procurement Board (NPPB)
2. Company profile containing contact person, telephone number and E-mail address.
3. Copy of CAC registration certificate.
4. Evidence of immediate past three years tax clearance.
5. Evidence of registration with TOPREC.
6. Track record of successful past similar project
7. Evidence of financial capability from a reputable bank.
8. Brochure showing tasks accomplished in relevant sectors.
9. Work plan, methodology and cost for undertaking the job.
10. Composition and profile of management team showing qualification and years of experience.
11. A non-refundable bank draft of tender fees. ( N50,000)
12. Completed signed bidding document and
13. Any other additional relevant information.
All bid documents shall be submitted in sealed envelope for each city separately and should have the company name, address and contact phone number clearly written at the second side and should be properly addressed to the Honourable Commissioner Ministry of Lands and Housing, Minna Niger State.
4. 1 Deadline for Submission
All tender must be submitted on or before 12noon on 12th August, 201 3. Tender will be opened in the presence of the company representatives by 2pm on 12th August, 2013 at NIGIS Conference Room at the Ministry of Lands and Housing, Minna Niger State.
5.0 Disqualification of Tender
Any bid that is not in conformity with the requirement as stated above and /or not submitted on or before the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
6.0 Interested eligible bidder may obtain further information from the office of the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Lands and Housing, Minna Niger State.