Lagos State Government Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for:
(1) The Establishment of Sheep and Goat Markets
(2) Establishment of Semi-Mechanized Abattoir &
(E) Operation of the Eko Refrigerated Meat Van
With a population of more than 20 million citizens, Lagos State is the commercial center of Nigeria and is categorized as the top three mega cities in the world, This growing population equates to a significant demand for food consumption specifically in the area of wholesome meat. In a bid to exercise its mandate of providing wholesome meat to Lagosians, the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives has decided on a policy to curb the menace of uncoordinated Sheep and Goat markets scattered across the state by establishing a modern and environmentally friendly value chain system of processing meat.
To implement this policy, the Lagos State government through the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is inviting interested investors to partake in the following:
1. Sheep & Goat Market – Build, Operate and Maintain a modern manageable Sheep and Goat market in line industry operating standards. The market is required to have a minimum of the following: Roofed Paddock, Loading and Off Loading Ramp, Quarantine Pent, Veterinary Office, Administrative Office, Drainages, Toilet Facilities, Industrial borehole, 50 trailer car park, Incinerator, Waste treatment plant.
The market is to be developed at the following three locations: Ikorodu, Oko-Oba Agege and Ologe Badagry.
2. Semi Mechanized Abattoir – Build, Operate and Maintain a modern semi-mechanized abattoir in line industry operating standards. The abattoir is required to have a minimum of the following; Slaughter slabs, Holding Pen, Hoisting Pulley (Equipment), Railings, Boreholes, Mechanized carcass saw and Cold room.
The market is to be developed at the following two locations; Matori and ltire.
3. Eko Refrigerated Meat Van- The ongoing Eko Refrigerated Meat Van scheme is seeking additional investors to purchase, operate and maintain refrigerated meat vans to transport wholesome meat products to consumers in a safe and healthy manner. In addition, each operator will be provided with parking facilities at a minimal cost.
Within the context of the State’s extant Procurement laws, the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives is inviting Expression of Interest (EOI) from reputable interested parties to participate in a competitive tender process for the Establishment of Semi-Mechanized Abattoirs and Sheep and Goat Markets, as well as the Operation of Eko Refrigerated Meat Vans, Execution of the project will be for a defined negotiated periods.
Interested parties will be required to ensure compliance with all State statutory requirements and relevant procedures of the Lagos State Government, Furthermore, all required designs and construction shall be in compliance with the industry best practices. It should be noted that operation of the projects shall be subject to regulations and standards issued by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives and or any other relevant statutory regulatory agency.
2.0 Mandatory Documents Required:
For qualification, interested parties should possess relevant experience in the Meat Enterprise, and are required to detailed information as follows:
- Full name and country of registration of the company including contact person and contact details.
- Company registration including Certificate of Incorporation and Form CAC or equivalent.
- Last 3-Years Audited Financial Accounts.
- Evidence of Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 Years
- Proof of access to project financing
- Proposed Project Operational Model.
3.0 Participation in Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested parties should obtain a form with a Non-refundable Bank draft of Fifty Thousand Naira (50,000) payable to the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives.
4.0 Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Completed form and submissions (including an original hard copy with four (4) other hard copes and an electronic copy) should be delivered in a sealed envelope indicating project of interest by 5:00 p.m. on or before 25th September 2013 to the following address:
Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
5.0 Additional Instructions
All responses should be typed with each page numbered. A table of content should be included with numbering that correspond with the format set out in Section 3 above. It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute any commitment on the part of Lagos State Government and/ or the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives so award the project to any interested party. In addition, any submission shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against Lagos State Government. All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI invitation are to be solely borne by the interested party.
Dr. Olajide Basorun
Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives