USAID Africa IRS (AIRS) Nigeria
Request for Proposal (RFP)
|RFP No:||RFP 2012-IRS/NG/001
|Nigeria IRS RFP 2012-001
|Issuing Office and address for submission of Quotes:
|Abt Development Foundation
PMI (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying
Off Shendam Road, Behind Police Commissioner’s House
P. O. Box 343
Lafia, Nasarawa State
|Address for Questions and RFP
|Date of Issue of RFP
|Aug 01, 2012
|Closing Date for Questions:
|Time: By 5:00p.m. GMT Date: Aug 30, 2012
|Close Date for Answers
|Time: By 5:00 p.m. GMT Date: Sep 03, 2012
|Date Proposal Due:
|Time: By 500 p.m. GMT Date: Sep 10, 2012
|Anticipated Type of Award
|Firm Fixed Purchase Order
|Basis of Award:
|An award will be made based on the Lowest Price, Technically Acceptable Source Selection process. The purchase order will be awarded to the responsible offer or whose proposal offers the lowest evaluated price that meets or exceeds the
Acceptable requirements for technical/non-cost factors set forth in this RFP.
|Attachments TO RFP:
All bidders are responsible to carefully review each attachment and follow any instructions that may be relevant to this procurement.
1. Attachment “B” – Instructions
2. Attachment “C” – Representations and Certifications
3. Attachment “D” – Form of Offer
4. Attach men “E” – Price Schedule & Bill of Quantities
5. Attachment “P” – Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
With a goal of limiting exposure to Malaria and reducing incidents and prevalence of Malaria, under this Task Order, Abt provides program support and leads the implementation of Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) activities in 17 President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Nigeria.
Through funding by PMI/USAID, Abt implements all aspects of the Indoor Residual Spray process, including, but not limited to:
- Planning and forecasting IRS programming with government and community leaders
- Procurement of insecticides and spray equipment/materials
- Supply chain management of all IRS equipment and materials
- Performing IRS campaigns in targeted areas on an annual basis
- Ensuring environmental compliance of IRS campaigns, and materials used in the campaigns
- Monitoring and Evaluating of IRS campaign effectiveness and their links to Malaria incidents and prevalence
- Completing entomological surveillance, and testing insecticide effectiveness.
A guiding principle of the project is to ensure sustainability and developing local knowledge and capacity, to ensure that government, the private sector, and communities will lead future efforts concerning IRS and malaria control.
PURPOSE for RFP
Abt Associates, implementer of the USAID funded AFRICA IRS (AIRS) Program, invites qualified suppliers to submit bids to supply of vehicles per the specifications found within this RFP.
Note: Vendors should first express interest by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address provided for questions and RFP submission above. The attachments to RFP will then be forwarded to those vendors and should please confirm receipt by email within 72 hours (3 days). Failure to confirm receipt may disqualify a recipient from consideration of award under this RFP.
This RFP shall not be misconstrued to be a commitment on the part of Abt Associates either financially or otherwise to award any form of contract to any respondent. It shall not entitle any organization to claim any indemnity from Abt Associates.
Abt Development Foundation…………..bold thinkers driving real-world impact.