Invitation to Bid
The Nigeria MAPS project has issued an RFP to request qualified companies (offerors) to submit a proposal of its technical qualifications as well as associated budget for services specified below. MAPS is seeking a qualified company to customize a web-based data management system for surveillance of malaria parasite in selected health facilities nationwide as determined by the National Malaria Control Program.
Surveillance is defined as ongoing and systematic collection, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of data about cases of a disease and is used as a basis for planning, implementing, and evaluating disease prevention and control activities. There are concerted efforts to strengthen the harmonized HMIS and the National Malaria Control Programme is actively involved in this process through its partners’ support, the information captured is however inadequate to capture some basic operational information required to assist programme designing and policy formulation. The Malaria Parasite Sentinel Surveillance (MPSS) therefore is a system established to continuously and systematically collect daily information from the laboratory on individuals presenting with symptoms of malaria, and follow up for all confirmed cases following the administration of antimalarial medicines
To deploy and promote the use of a web-based data management platform for the management of malaria microscopy data in sentinel sites for the NMCP.
The main objectives of the contract are:
1. To customize the web-based template to reflect malaria parasite surveillance tools
2. To provide hosting services, technical support and maintenance as necessary
3. To tram users on data entry and data use at national and state levels
4. To mentor and provide supportive supervision on data management to the sites
The selected vendor will initiate, implement and oversee the following activities:
1. Customization of the web data entry page and design of the database content
a. This involves customization of the database and hosting of the database address (URL) on the internet for worldwide accessibility.
2. Capacity Building
b. This involves training the key officers, database administrator and other staff as management deems fit.
3. Database management and maintenance
c. This will entail regular routine check on the system to ensure that it is working well, offering plausible solutions to database issues and that the personnel are making proper and full use of it.
4. Production of operating manual
d. The company shall produce two manuals; Standard Operations manual (SOP) and Training manual.
Specific Deliverables to be Included in Technical Proposal
1. Recommendations on software, e.g. DHIS or any similar software; hardware and accessories needed for the project
2. Customized web-based data template for malaria surveillance data
3. Maintenance of data base for a year, renewable every year
4. Training of data entry clerks and data users
5. User Manual and Data Management SOP
The relevant certifications must be sighted. FHI 360/MAPSdoes not pay VAT, and is exempt by the Federal Government Per Federal Government regulations, FHI 360/MAPS will deduct 5% Withholding tax and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Services.
For the full request and submission details, go to http://nigeriamaps.org/?page_id=225