Industrial Training Fund
Invitation for Expression of Interest as External Solicitor
The Industrial Training Fund (ITF), a foremost Human Resource Development Agency, with a wide network of Offices in the Country, seeks to engage Legal Firms as External Solicitors.
2.0 Scope of work
The Amendment Act, 2011, of the Industrial Training Fund, has expanded the scope of its operation in both Training and Revenue Generation. In this regard, Employers of Labour with five or more Employees and or a Turnover of N50 Million and above are mandated by the Act to contribute to the Fund, 1% of their Annual Payroll as Training Contribution. Accordingly, the Fund requires interested reputable Legal Firms to apply for engagement as External Solicitors for the provision of Legal Services to the Fund at its Headquarters and thirty-two (32) Area Offices (List of Fund’s Area Offices can be obtained from the Website: www.itf-nigeria.com).
3.0 Requirements for Submission of Expression of Interest
All interested Legal Firms, who wish to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) must include, but not limited to the following:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of Firm’s registration for Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Certificate of Tax Clearance for the past three years in respect of the Principal Partner (2010-2012).
- Evidence of payment of current practicing fees for the Principal Partner and other lawyers in the Firm.
- Brief profile of the Firm, including the type of services being rendered by the Law Firm to Clients, number of lawyers and location of Offices. The Profile should also include copies of qualifying Certificates and call to bar Certificate of the Principal Partners and other lawyers In the Firm. The Principal Partners should not be less than 10 years post call.
- Evidence of Compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004.
- Certificate of Compliance with Section 6 (1-3) of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
4.0 Submission of Expression of Interest Documents
The Expression of Interest Documents shall be submitted, in sealed envelope, addressed and submitted to the Director General/Chief Executive, Industrial Training Fund, Miango Road, Jos and marked boldly at the right hand corner “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AS EXTERNAL SOLICITOR” on or before 12:00 noon of Thursday, 4th July, 2013.
- Late submission of application will be rejected.
- Due diligence could be carried out on the Firms to verify claims mentioned in submissions.
- Successful Firms will be invited for Interview at the I.T.F Headquarters, Jos, Plateau State.
- This invitation for Expression of Interest is not a commitment on the part of the Fund for engagement nor would it entitle the Firm to make any claims whatsoever and seek indemnity from the Fund by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.