Request for Expression of Interest
For The Assessment of Storage, Transport and Distribution
Systems in Nigeria
Hiring of Consultants for GPS Coordinate Collection,
Mapping Support, Storage Assessments and Data
Collection at Service Delivery Points
John Snow Inc. (JSI) was awarded a contract to provide technical assistance in logistics management activities in support of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) in the implementation of the Nigerian Health System Strengthening activities under the Global Fund Round 8. One of JSI’s functions (working closely with the Federal Ministry of Health Food and Drug Services Department) under this contract is to assist the strengthening of a National Storage and Distribution Systems to support the cross cutting health commodities and supplies issues and to ensure that medicines and suppliers are managed in a cost effective and optimal way.
SCOPE OF WORK
JSI invites consultants (companies) to express interest in conducting an assessment involves the collection of data on conditions, as well as geospatial data, at selected warehouses utilized by the ATM (HIV/AIDS/Tuberculosis/Malaria) national programs. The consultant will also identify and collect geospatial data on the service delivery (SDP’s).The overall objective of the data collection exercise is to assist the design of a National Storage and Distribution plan for ATM commodities.
The successful consultants firm will be expected to work in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other relevant Government: agencies at the federal, state and local government levels in order to complete this work. More specifically, the consultancy firm will undertake the following:
- Establish a team of experienced data collectors that will be able to collect and collate geospatial data, at the service delivery points (SDPs) and the storage points using GPS devices. The consultant is expected to provide these devices.
- Collate and clean the GPS data to provide high quality datasets of GPS coordinates of SDPs and storage points.
- Collect data on storage points.
- Collect data on storage conditions at the different tiers of storage utilized by the different programs using predesigned data collection tools to be provided by JSI.
- Capture additional information/ data that may be of relevance during the activity to be defined by FMoH (FDS)/JSI and /or JSI
- Submit collected GPS data for SDPs and stores in soft copy in MS Excel format.
- Work closely with JSI staff on all matters of project monitoring and management for the duration of the project.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Prospective applicants are requested to submit their Expressions of interest that demonstrate their capacity to undertake this assignment, detailing the following in information as a basis for pre-qualification:
1. Complete Business Profile of firm including ownership structure
2. Evidence of business registration in Nigeria with CAC in compliance with Nigeria business regulations.
3. Evidence of an active bank account that is in good standing with a registered bank in Nigeria.
4. Evidence of having undertaken large data collection projects in Nigeria or another large African country.
5. A demonstrated ability to undertake a transparent and independent approach in carrying out the assignment.
6. Possession of the technical capacity to manage all aspects of this project.
7. Experience of working with government officials at all levels in Nigeria.
8. Knowledge of Nigeria’s geographical terrain.
9. Previous experience conducting GPS data collection, mapping and condition assessments in Nigeria
10. Resume of key staff
11. At least three (3) professional references.
Expression of interest should be submitted hard copy in triplicate (one original and two copies) and in soft copy (on a CD) in a sealed envelope marked:
Expression of Interest: For the Assessment of Storage, Transport and Distribution Systems in Nigeria
The expression of interest should be addressed and delivered on or before 12th August 2011 by 5 pm. to the following address:
John Snow Inc.
2nd Floor, Gwandal Center
1015 Fria Close – Off Coree Bay Crescent/Wuse 2
Only short-listed candidates in this first phase of the pre-qualification will be contacted. Specific Terms of Reference will be provided to short-listed candidates who will be asked to submit a detailed proposal for carrying out the work, including a budget.
No Phone Calls Please