The Science of Improving Lives
Expression of Interest
A: Background: Family Health International (FHI 360) with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross sectional integration of HIV/AIDS and TB services by budding Nigerian capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive, prevention, treatment, care and related services in several states of the federation.
FHI 360 desires to use part of the grant to provide furniture to Health Facilities supported by the SIDHAS project in ten (10) states of the federation, and hereby solicits Expression Of Interest (EOI) from Nigerian firms with competencies in furniture-making for pre-qualification to undertake the production and supply of all required furniture. A scope of work for the prospective contractors is described below.
B: Terms of reference for the required contractors
The successful bidders will:
1. Study, interpret, and understand the furniture requirements of FHI360 in their states of interest
2. Use the provided listing of furniture requirements to prepare bids for meeting the furniture requirements
3. Produce the required furniture in line with the approved contract, and be responsible for transporting same to the affected health facilities
4. Adhere to all agreed standards for required furniture including quality, workmanship, costs and size.
5. Ensure steady progress of work and ensure that all works are completed within set timelines to a quality acceptable to FHI360
C: Qualification Criteria:
1. Detailed company profile.
2. Evidence of company registration with CAC
3. Proven track record and a minimum of 5 years experience in the production and/or supply of furniture
4. Evidence of having implemented projects of equal or higher magnitude within the last 5 years
5. Valid Tax Clearance Certificate and insurance policy
6. Audited financial statements for three years: 2010, 2011, and 2012
7. Availability of necessary equipment, with evidence of ownership, or lease agreement
8. A brief description of transportation plan for the delivery of furniture to facilities
9. The firm should have a verifiable office or branch office within the state of interest as at the time of application
10. The firm should have proof of currently employing qualified staff in relevant fields to perform the various aspects of the contract
D: Protect Locations
E: Application procedure
All applications with relevant documents are to be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Pre-qualification for the supply of furniture”, and addressed to:
The Associate Director, Procurement, Contracts and Grants,
Family Health International (FHI 360)
Plot 1073 J. S. Tarka Street,
Garki, Area 3
Applicants must indicate their state of interest on the envelopes, and where a bidder is interested in bidding for more than one state, separate applications must be submitted for each state of interest
H: Deadline: All quotations including supporting documents as proof of required qualifications in Section C above must be submitted in sealed envelopes not later than 5:00 pm Nigeria time, on 18th June, 2013. Bids submitted after the deadline will be rejected.