The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Cross River State Government Second National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (Cr 4086-UNI)
Appointment of Reputable Engineering firm for the Ikom, Ogoja and Itigidi Civil Works Supervision
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
Contract-Bid No. CR/Il NUWSRP/IKMOGJITDES/QCBS/2012/001.
This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No. 673 of February 28, 2006 on-line and in DG Market.
The Cross River State Government (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) (hereinafter called “loan”) towards the cost of the Second National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (2nd Urban Water); Cr 4086 – UNI (PO71391). An additional International Development Association (IDA) and French Development Agency (AFD) Co-financing is being processed. The Borrower intends to apply a portion of the additional IDA funds to eligible payments under the Contract for which this Request for Expression of interest is issued. The services involve Construction Supervision of the Rehabilitation/Extension of water Production and Distribution Systems for Ikom. Ogoja and Itigidi towns; the works are not envisaged to run concurrently
The Feasibility Studies, detailed engineering design with preparation of tender documentations for investments for the period 2005- 2025 for the towns of Ikom, Ogoja and Itigidi had earlier been completed under a separate contract by a reputable Engineering Consulting Firm.
The present water situation for the affected project area towns are summarized as follows:
- The Ikom project area has an estimated projected population of 220,000 and a public water supply system based upon a river source that at best can be said to have become dysfunctional and is expected to be replaced; water is presently supplied through private boreholes and wells.
- The Ogoja project area has an estimated projected population of 206,100 and a public water supply system based upon a river source. An existing old water supply infrastructure that services only part of Ogoja town alone has recently undergone rehabilitation under the Cross River State Government emergency intervention.
- The Itigidi project area has an estimated projected population of 197,700 and a public water supply system based upon a river source. An existing old water supply infrastructure that services only part of itigidi town alone has recently undergone rehabilitation under the Cross River State Government emergency intervention
The Consultancy Services will cover Construction Supervision of the Rehabilitation/Extension of the Water Production and Distribution System for Ikom. Ogoja and Itigidi towns. A contract will be entered into on a time-based basis; the envisaged Civil Works in each town scheme includes:
The Construction of:
- Pumping Stations
- Supply arid laying of Transmission mains, including fittings, accessories ancillary and miscellaneous works etc.
- Conventional Concrete Water Treatment Plant.
- Ground Level Reservoirs.
- Elevated Reservoirs.
- Supply, trenching and laying of treated water distribution pipes, fittings, and accessories, ancillary and miscellaneous works etc.
- Construction of House connections, Kiosks, ancillary and miscellaneous works etc.
This Consultancy assignment is envisaged would commence in December 2012.
The Cross River State Water Board Limited now invites reputable civil engineering Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services; interested Firms must provide sufficient information to demonstrate that they are qualified and have the capacity, resources, professional personnel and competence to perform the required service. Reference material to be submitted should include detailed information on assignments of similar nature and complexity completed in the recent past, supported with credible documentations, experience in similar conditions and availability of suitable personnel.
A Consultancy Firm will be selected in accordance with the procedure set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers published in May 2004 and subsequent revisions thereof up to May 2010.
One original and four copies of the Expression of Interest MUST be delivered to the address below on or before 24th August, 2012 by 2.30 p.m. a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest -2nd NUWSRP: Engineering Supervision for Ikom, Ogoja and Itigidi Civil Works Contracts”
Please note that:
a) The cost for preparing your submission is not reimbursable as a direct cost of the services.
b) The client, Cross River State Water Board Limited is not bound to shortlist any Firm.
Cross River State Water Board Limited,
Attention: Engr. Elemi B. Etowa,
147, Ndidem Usang Iso Road
Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Tel: (+234) 803 670 8465,