National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)
Registration of Pilgrims Excess Luggage Carriers
In line with NAHCON Pilgrims’ Excess Luggage Policy all luggage in excess of the maximum allowed limit are to be airlifted through a separate arrangement with Cargo operators, as the designated Hajj carriers are not allowed to carry such excess luggage.
Mode of Application
2. As part of the implementation of the Excess Luggage Policy Applications are hereby invited from Nigerian /Foreign airlines/cargo operators for freight of pilgrims’ excess luggage from Saudi Arabia to designated airports in Nigeria. Interested airlines/cargo operators must fulfill the following pre-selection and post selection conditions.
Conditions of Application:
Every applicant must produce:
a) Copies of certificate of incorporation in Nigeria with CAC and Memorandum and Article of Association or its equivalent for foreign companies.
b) Possession of ATL (Air Transport License) or AOP (Air Operators Permit) or its equivalent for foreign companies
c) Tax clearance certificates for the last three (3) years
d) Evidence of ownership of Cargo aircraft or standard and genuine lease agreement
e) Evidence of appropriate authorization/permit by Saudi Arabian Authorities to weigh and freight pilgrims excess luggage Cargo or valid agreement with a bonafide Saudi Arabian licensed cargo/baggage operator(s) with valid authorization/permit
f) Evidence of cargo fights arrangement in Saudi Arabia and Nigeria.
3. Once an airline/operator is pre-qualified (upon satisfactory fulfillment of the above conditions) the following post-selection terms must equally be fulfilled before the cargo airlift contract agreement is signed with NAHCON.
i) Deposit of N20 million minimum guarantee with NAHCON which will be refunded after satisfactory conduct of the operation
ii) payment of a License fee of N500,000.00
Submission of Application
4. Applications are to be submitted to the Secretary, National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Sokoto House, No. 1 First Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way Central Business District, Abuja along with payment of non-refundable fee of N500,000 (Five hundred thousand Naira) in bank draft in favour of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Abuja. Closing day for the submission of application on or before 12th March 2012.
5. Please be advised that the application is not intended to create any form of contractual relationship or obligation on the part of NAHCON
6. Consequently, NAHCON shall not be liable to any Applicant for any expense or loss incurred in connection with this application. NAHCON will contact Pre-qualified Applicants for interview, while formal agreement will be signed with successful Applicants.