Invitation for Bids (IFB)
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
MINISTRIES OF MINES AND STEEL DEVELOPMENT (MMSD)
SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES PROJECT (SMMRP)
CREDIT No. 4012-UNI
PROCUREMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
IFB No. (SMMRP/NCB/G/04/2009)
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. ID-843108 of 9th December, 2004.
- The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the PROCUREMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
- 3. The Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources Project now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Procurement of Environmental Measurement Equipment and Materials:
|Item No||Description of Goods||Quality||Bid Security|
|Item 1||HP Laptop (portable computers)||6|
|Item 2||Portable GPS for main stake holders||12|
|Item 3||Portable sound measurement equipment||6|
|Item 4||Field Air Quality Monitor (8-10 Parameters) and air sampler|
|4.1||Portable Turbidity meter||3||2.5% of Bid Price|
|4.2||Dissolved oxygen meter||3|
|Item 5||VOC Monitor||3|
|Item 6||SPM Monitor||6|
|Item 7||Field Water Quality Monitor||6|
|Item 8||Portable Mercury Analyzers|
|8.1||Portable Mercury Analyzers||3|
|8.2||Portable Mercury Vapor Analyzer||3|
- Bidding will be conducted through the NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING (NCB), a procedure specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines. Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources Project at the address below and inspect the Bidding Documents from 11:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays.
- Qualifications requirements include.
- Documentary evidence of previous supply (sale) of similar Equipment proposed for the last 5 years.
- Audited Financial Statements for the last 3 years to demonstrate the financial capability of the Bidder in terms of Profitability and adequate working capital.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall not be applied.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only). The method of payment will be by bank draft in favor of Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources Project. The Bidding Documents will be collected by the representative of the Bidder or by courier services on request.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below at before 10:00am on Thursday May 13th 2010 Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bid will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 10:30am on Thursday May 13th 2010. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as indicated in the table in paragraph three above or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
- The address referred to above is:
Project Management Unit (PMU)
Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources
Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
No 6 Marte Close, Off Misau Crescent
Garki II – Abuja, Nigeria
TEL: +234-8053000153, 8033140096