The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Cross River State Government
Second National Urban Water Sector Reform Project
Credit No: Cr 4086 – UNI (PO 71391)
Procurement of Automotive Gas Oil (Diesel)
NCB No.: CRSWBL/2nd NUWSRP/NCB/GDS/CTPI-FUEL/2013/001
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business; issue no. 673 of February 28, 2006 online and in DG Market.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of the Second National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (2nd NUWSRP) CR. 4086 (PO71391); and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for the Procurement of automotive gas oil (Diesel) to Cross River State Water Board Limited.
- The Cross River State Water Board Limited, the implementation agency for the Cross River State component now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified major and reputable independent petroleum products marketers for the Supply of Automotive Gas Oil (DIESEL), including ancillary Services:
|S/No.||Description||Cumulative Quantity||Place of Delivery|
|1.||Automotive Gas Oil (DIESEL)||462,000 Liters @ 66,000 Liters every 30 days||CRSWBL, Calabar Treatment Plant|
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries a s defined in the Guidelines, “May 2004″ revised 2010.
- Interested eligible bidders; reputable Major and Independent Petroleum products Marketers may obtain further information from Cross River State Water Board Limited; Attention: Engr. Elemi B. Etowa, at the address given below from 8:00am 4:00pm on every working day i.e. Monday- Friday.
6. Qualifications requirement include:
(a) Financial Capability
Bidders shall furnish documentary evidence that they meet the following financial requirement(s):
(i) Provide detailed award letters, job orders, LPO’S for supplies of similar magnitude, supported by satisfactory job completion certificates:
(ii) Provide the latest authenticated three years company external audit report;
(iii) Provide credible evidence of payment of mandatory taxes for the last three years:
(iv) Suitably demonstrate that the Bidder has its own capital or in the alternative acceptable instruments to verify access to cash or line of credit to execute the contract (as contained in the schedule of requirement) for supply of goods.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity
Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirements):
(i) Provide satisfactory documentary evidence that they are dully petroleum product marketers
(ii) Provide detailed award letters, job orders. LPO’S for supplies of similar magnitude, supported by satisfactory job completion certificates;
(iii) MUST demonstrate that, the required product supply is their regular line of business;
(iv) MUST demonstrate availability and retention of credible and reputable haulage facilities to final destination;
(v) MUST confirm in their Bids the availability of stock to meet the required supply schedule;
(c) Shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement:
(i) White product, Suitable for use in the operation of Generating Plants, Diesel operated Equipment and Vehicles.
7. Bidders should note the following:
a) Bidders should note that the entire 462.000 Liters of automotive gas oil (Diesel) are envisaged to be delivered in tranche at an average rate of 66,000 Liters after every 30 days;
b) The Purchaser envisages that it will issue an order for the delivery of the first 66,000 Liters of product shortly after the Bids opening;
c) Thereafter at subsequent instance of delivery of automated gas oil product (white fuel) by the successful Bidder i.e. after every 30 days and confirmed officially via official correspondence; the contributing factors of mutually acceptable competitive prevailing market forces as negotiated and agreed as at such dates shall apply:
d) Further to (b) above, the official price quoted as at the subsequent 30th days after the first 66,000 Liters delivery and/ or when an official request is made by the purchaser, by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) or the public organ of the purchaser’s country responsible for setting the price of petroleum products or a markup or discount on the pump price at the Bidders services pump station shall serve as baseline;
8. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N10, 000.00 (Ten thousand naira only. The method of payment will be by certified Cheque or Bank Draft. The Bidding Documents may be collected by hand by the Bidder at the address shown below or sent by via e-mail on request.
9 Bids MUST be delivered to the address below on or before (1.00 pin) on 4th June, 2013. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend in person at the address below at l.15pm on 10th June, 2012.
10 All bids MUST be accompanied by a “Bid Security” “valued at the equivalent of NGN 1, 500,000.00 (One million, five hundred naira only).
11. The address referred to above is:
The Managing Director,
Attention: Engr. Elemi B. Etowa
Cross River State Water Board Limited Corporate Office,
147, Ndidem Usanglso Road, Calabar,
Cross River State, Nigeria
Tel.: (+234) 803 670 8465