Invitation to Tender for Projects in the 2013 Capital Budget at the Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Abuja
The Fiscal Responsibility Commission, in line with the Public Procurement Act of 2007, wishes to invite reputable consultants/contractors with proven track records of good performance and cognate experience to tender for projects in its 2013 capital budget designated in the LOTS indicated below:
LOT l. Study on the Social and Economic Impact of Privatization /Commercialization in Nigeria from inception to date
Terms of Reference/Objectives
- Determine the enterprises so far privatized by the Federal Government with position assessment of each of them at the time of privatization
- Ascertain the method of privatization used for each of them and the proceeds realized from the sales
- Identify the stakeholders of the various enterprises and determine the negative or positive impact on them by the privatization
- Make current assessment of the enterprises with a view to confirming whether or not a going concern and/or can be rehabilitated
- Confirm the efficacy or otherwise of the concept of privatization generally and recommend alternative that would meet the yearnings of Nigerians for functional enterprises that will provide the much needed amenities as well as employment in the process,
LOT 2: Study on the Cost of Governance in Nigeria
Terms of Reference/Objectives
- Analyze the annual cost of governance in Nigeria from 1999 to 2012
- Identify the source of expenditure associated with governance
- Make current assessment of the presidential system of government
- Examine the cost of governance in other countries of the world practicing presidential, parliamentary and hybrid systems of government
- Determine the level of administrative expenditure of the systems in comparison with income/revenue of the practicing countries
- Compare the level of expenditure on administration in the systems of government with fiscal rules and international best practices
- Conclusions and suggestions.
LOT 3. Procurement of Office Items and Equipment
Prospective contractors must satisfy the under-listed minimum requirements by submitting the following:
- Certificate of Incorporation with CAC;
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate;
- VAT Registration Certificate,
- Bank reference letter and financial capability addressed to the FRC.
- Evidence of experience in similar works executed in form of previous offer letters
- Letter from PENCQM evidencing compliance with the Pension Act 2004 covering Employee Registration and Remittances.
- Clearance letter from ITF evidencing compliance with section 6 of the ITF Amendment Act 2011.
- Any other relevant information/documentation to enhance the company’s application.
Collection of Tender Documents
Tender documents specifying the detailed description of the required jobs are obtainable from the’ Tenders Board Secretariat of the Commission upon the payment of a non-refundable tender processing fee per LOT, in bank draft payable to the Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Abuja. A receipt shall be issued by the Finance & Accounts Department, a copy of which shall be endosed in the bid document. The fees payable per lot are as follows:
Lot1 – N50, 000.00
Lot 2 – N50, 000.00
Lot 3 – N30, 000.00
Submission of Tender Documents
- All bidders should submit both “Technical” and “Financial” bids in separate envelopes and dearly mark them appropriately. Both bids should be put in a sealed larger envelope with the lot name and number indicated. In addition, the name of the company should be reflected on the reverse side of the envelope.
- In the case of LOTS l and 2, the “Technical bid” should include among others;
- A brief to demonstrate an understanding of the task
- Methodology to be deployed
- Proposed presentation format
- Expected completion time with justification of the period to be taken.
- Those bidding for LOT 3 MUST be HP registered partners.
- All bidders must fill the bid submission register after submitting their bids.
- All bids must be addressed to:
The Ag. Secretary, Tenders Board
Fiscal Responsibility Commission
Plot 66, Samuel Ajayi Crowther Street
f. Closing date and time for the submission of tenders is 12, 00 noon, Friday 20th September, 2013.
Opening of Tenders
The date for opening of tenders shall be Friday 20th September, 2013 at 2.30pm at the Conference Room of the Commission’s Head Office, plot 66, Ajayi Crowther Street, Asokoro Abuja.
- The financial bids of only the companies pre-qualified shall be considered for further selection;
- Submission of tender by post or courier will not be accepted.
- Failure to satisfactorily fulfill the conditions stated above will result to invalidation of such tender.
- No tender documents shall be accepted after 12 noon on the closing date of submission.
- The FRC shall reserve the right to verify the authenticity of claim(s) made by the bidders.
- The FRC shall reserve the right to reject any submission in the public interest.
- This advert also serves as invitation to any interested NGO and members of the general public who may wish to witness the bid opening exercise.