Edo State Government
Invitation for the Submission of Expression of Interest
The Federal Government of Nigeria is in the process of receiving a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of implementing the State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) project in selected States in Nigeria. The overall objective of the project is to enhance opportunities for youth employment and access to socio-economic services, while improving the effectiveness of public expenditure management systems in the participating States. Edo State is one of beneficiaries of the proposed IDA financing and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultancy services for the implementation of the State Integrated Financial Management Information System which will include the provision of end-to-end support services incorporating business continuity that are required to support critical sub-components of the project.
The Edo State Directorate of ICT has commenced the implementation of the following on-going ICT initiatives among others: the deployment of Oracle-based ERP, Vehicle Registration system. Integrated Tax Administration System (ITAS), Payroll/Biometrics, Geographical Information System (G1S), Education Management Information System, Infrastructure and connectivity, networking and its convergence etc. Specifically, the Edo State SIFMIS is comprised of the following integrated modules:
Modules undergoing parallel run are General Ledger, HCM (HR and Payroll), Receivables, Payables, Procurement, Fixed Assets, Cash Management and Planning and Budgeting.
2. The scope of the service of the consultancy will, among other things, include IEP initiative with special emphasis given to business continuity and adherence to standards whilst paying attention to capacity building with a view to ensuring sustainability.
3. Minimum Qualification
- A reputable consulting firm with substantial capacity, experience and expertise in implementing or overseeing integrated financial management information system in the public sector with emphasis on:
- Supporting the development of an ICT functional specification, or an output based specification or a technical specification which can be used to procure any new ICT infrastructure, or an upgrade to an existing infrastructure/related service.
- Understanding of system development life cycle:
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems, installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security system.
- The firm must have a minimum of 10 years experience and with staff who have skills in accounting and financial management, public financial management reforms, systems analysis and ICT/MIS;
- Proven experience and competence with respect to change management and organizational development strategies.
- Proven specific experience in similar IFIMIS assignments and availability of appropriate mix of skills with demonstrable ability to deliver on schedule.
- Evidence of successful implementation of IFIMIS or similar solutions in the public sector is essential. The similar solutions in the public sector is essential. The firm must provide detailed reference/ contact information.
4. Inputs: The estimated total consultancy inputs for this consultancy assignment is 24 man months under a time-based contract over a period of two calendar years from the date of signing the contract. The consultant may also propose alternative inputs with justifications. The firm must also show how the total consultancy inputs of 24 man-months will be allocated among the different expertise required over the duration of two years.
5. The State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project now requires the service of eligible Consultancy Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms are hereby requested to submit a statement of capability indicating relevant experience on similar assignments in Nigeria or elsewhere. This should include, but not limited to, summary of CVs of key staff, including the proposed Team Leader, provision of company brochures, description of similar assignments carried out in the last ten years, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among key staff, etc.
6. The consulting firm will be shortlisted and eventually in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers. January 2011 edition.
Interested consulting firms may obtain further information at the address below between 9.00am 4.00p.m.
Interested firms should please submit their expression of interest in a sealed envelope and deliver to the address below on or before 6th September 2011.
Directorate of ICT
Web site: www.edostate.gov.ng
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.