Federal Capital Development Authority
Invitation for the Expression of Interest for Final Engineering Design of Secondary Water Supply Line (Loops 9 & 10) With Associated Tanks in The Federal Capital City (FCC)
The Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) through the Department of Engineering Services intends to engage Consultants for the Design of Secondary Water Supply Line (Loops 9 & 10) with Associated Tanks in the Federal Capital City (FCC).
In line with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, the Authority is inviting interested, competent and reputable Engineering Consulting firms to submit documents for the Expression of Interest for the DESIGN OF SECONDARY WATER SUPPLY LINE (LOOPS 9 & 10) WITH ASSOCIATED TANKS IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL CITY (FCC)
2. Scope of Works.
- Identification of Districts Water Supply Networks.
- Engineering Survey of proposed Route.
- Collection and analysis of data.
- Estimation of Projected Population, Water Supply needs and demands.
- Preparation of Inception Report
- Sub-soil Investigation Report for depth less than 3m
- Sub-soil Investigation Report for depth greater than 3m
- Design of Water Supply Pipe Lines Networks from Treatment Plant.
- Design of Water Supply Appurtenances.
- Design of Water Reservoir Tanks
- Preparation and submission of Design Reports, Drawings and other Tender Documents including Bill of
- Engineering Measurement and Evaluation(BEME)
3. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested Companies are invited to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
- Detailed Company Profile (technical and Financial) of the Firm which should provide information about the organizational structure, core competences and area of specialization and years of experience with key relevant personnel for the assignment.
- Evidence of incorporation of the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company, up to date Annual Returns to the CAC and forms C02 & C07.
- The Company must in addition show evidence of the following:
(i) Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
(ii) Registration with PENCOM and Remittance to Pension Fund Administrator.
(iii) Payment of Training Contributions to the Industrial training Fund (ITF)
(iv) Compliance with the Employee’s Compensation Act (i.e.) Remittance of 1% of the total emolument of your workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
(d) A sworn Affidavit to the effect that:
i. The Company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
i. The Company does not have any Directors who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or Financial impropriety.
ii. No officer of the relevant committees of FCDA or BPP is a present or former Director or Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company.
iii. All the documents submitted for the pre-qualification bid are not only genuine but correct.
(e) A chart indicating the number and categories of Nigerians that are to be employed by the company as a result of this project.
(f) Evidence of Firm Registration with Council for The Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) (Originals of the documents (i – iv) are to be sighted during opening session, please Firms that refuse ore are unable to produce the original during opening will be disqualified),
(g) Evidence of experience on similar Water Supply Consultancy Services executed in the last 10 years. Copies of Award Letters, Last Interim Certificate of Valuation for on-going projects. Completion Certificates are to be enclosed,
(h) List of key technical personnel stating their roles, designation, qualifications and years of experience with the guarantee that a minimum often (10) relevant COREN Registered Engineers of various disciplines shall be deployed to the project. Copies of educational and professional certificates are to be attached.
4.0 Submission of Documents:
The Expression of Interest (EOI) documents should be submitted in duplicate, all in sealed envelopes clearly marked “ORIGINAL” and “DUPLICATE COPY” with the following inscription: “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR DESIGN OF SECONDARY WATER SUPPLY LINE (LOOPS 9 & 10) WITH ASSOCIATED TANKS IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL CITY (FCC)”
The documents should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, FCDA and submitted directly to FCDA Procurement Department, Room 0.014 (Ground Floor) New FCDA Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja on or before Friday 13th September, 2013. All documents will be publicly opened on the same day at the FCDA Conference Room after the close of bids at 12:00 noon in the presence of all prospective bidders or their Representatives.
- Items 3a – 3f are the Eligibility Requirements and the Original documents must be produced by the Company for sighting during the opening session.
- Evaluation of the pre-qualification documents will be based on the outlined pre-qualification requirements and only those that successful will be invited to submit Technical and Financial Proposals.
- The photocopies of professional certificates are to be initialed, endorsed by the owners and professional seal must be embossed on the professional certificates.
- This is not an invitation to tender. Only pre-qualified firms will be invited to tender for the project. Others may know their performance by a formal request to the Accounting Officer of FCDA.
- Interested Companies are responsible for the registration, timely and safe submission of their pre-qualification documents means of delivery notwithstanding.
- The Authority shall carry out Due Diligence on the companies to verify claims included in their submissions.
- Private Sector Professional Organizations whose expertise is relevant to the project and Non Governmental organizations (NGOs) working in transparency and anti-corruption areas could attend at their own cost and will be required to introduce themselves to the chairman of the opening session.
- The Authority pledges fair and equal treatment of all bidders but it is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the process at any time without incurring any liabilities Documents provided in response to item 3(a-h) Must be arranged as LISTED
For: Executive Secretary