FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
FCDA SECRETARIAT, AREA 11, GARKI, ABUJA
INVITATION FOR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL TENDER FOR THE EXECUTION OF CAPITAL PROJECTS
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, pursuant to the implementation of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda of the Present Administration desires to execute some Consultancy Projects, Accordingly, the Ministry invites qualified, interested and eligible Consultants, Computer Companies, Printers, vendors and Contractors to tender for the Procurement of the following Consultancy Services:-
Fertilizer Department (Consultancy)
|1||PROCUREMENT OF ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM PROVIDERS (2NOS) FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF GES||AS INDICATED IN TERMS OF REFERENCE|
Rural Development Department (Consultancy)
|2||PRODUCTION OF FARMERS IDENTIFICATION CARD USING COLD SEAL LAMINATE||AS INDICATED IN TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|3||DATA CAPTURING INCLUDING SCANNING OF FARMERS OMR FORMS||AS INDICATED IN TERMS OF REFERENCE|
2. General Qualification Criteria and Tender Requirements
In order to be considered, interested companies, which must be Nigerian companies, should submit tenders/bid documents accompanied with the following:-
i. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and Forms; CO2 and CO7;
ii. Provide detailed Company Profile;
iii. Detailed evidence of compliance with Pensions Act;
iv. Company Audited Accounts for last 3 years; (2010-2012)
v. Detailed copy of current Tax Clearance Certificate (2009 – 2011) verifiable from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
vi. Evidence of payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF);
- Evidence of compliance with the Employees’ Compensation Act which requires that all Employers of Labour must remit 1 % of the total annual emolument of their workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund.
- Evidence of VAT Registration & Past VAT remittance;
ix. Letter of Financial Capacity & Banking support;
x. Evidence of Three (3) similar jobs previously executed or currently being executed (including letters of award, completion certificates, payment, payment certificate etc);
xi. Any other document(s) to support the qualification and tender documents as may be contained in the Standard Bidding Documents.
- For Lots 2 & 3, Bidders must show evidence of Registration with Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN) and similar work experience with WAEC, NECO, NPC, JANB, INEC etc
3. Terms of Reference for Technology Platform Providers
- Provide and operate an e-wallet technology platform that can support the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GES) programme which will integrate into the core GES platform;
- Provide and operate dedicated access channels on SMS/USSD/IVR/, which farmers will use to access the service and communicate in at least 6 Nigerian languages across all networks. This also includes operating farmer help lines
- Provide and implement training materials regarding how the platform works and how it will be used in the assigned territory to the provider. In addition to implement a TOT for the parallel organizations that are providing field operations;
- Implement the technologies at redemption centers and coordinate the e-wallet reconciliation and reporting processes;
- Provide platform capacityforatleast100,000 farmers per State;
- Operate the technology in either of the following clusters of States
- Package A (Kogi, Kwara, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Katsina, Abia, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Ogun States)
- Package B – (Niger, Plateau, Yobe, Kebbi, Zamfara, Ebony), Imo, Cross River, Rivers, Ekiti, Osun States)
- Bidders should not include costs of enumerating farmers in their proposal
- Successful bidders will be provided the number of farmers that will be covered in each State that they will operate.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF TECHNOLOGY PROVIDERS
The GES programme interfaces with the telecoms, banking and agricultural sectors. As a result providers of the technology services are expected to:- 27
- Comply with all Nigeria Communications Commission regulations regarding licensing of operators of various schemes that uses telecom networks in Nigeria. At minimum, providers are expected to have a value added services licenses and wireless application network agreements with mobile networks and a WASPAN operating certificate
- Comply with all Central Bank of Nigeria regulations regarding mobile transactions as per the regulatory framework for mobile transactions in Nigeria. At minimum, providers are expected to be holders of either a provisional or operating mobile payment license issued by the CBN
- Demonstrate evidence of a history and capacity to handle large number of mobile transactions (e.g.500, 000 transactions annually). Providers are expected to show proof of actual transactions they are processing
- Demonstrate evidence of the capacity to manage risks associated with projects of this nature
5 COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Qualified Companies shall on application collect tender documents from the office of the:-
Director, Procurement Department
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
6. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The completed tender and pre-qualification documents must be submitted in three (3) copies each; including one (1) original and two (2) copies. Each tender should have two (2) separate sealed envelopes clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial” and both sealed in a third envelope marked with the project title, Company Name, Lot number and package (A or B) number at the top right hand corner of each of the three envelopes and delivered to the address below not later than 12.00 noon of Monday 25th February 2013.
Ministerial Tenders Board
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Ground Floor, Room 213
FCDA Secretariat, Area 11 – Garki, Abuja.
7. OPENING OF BIDS
Technical bids will be opened publicly at 1.00pm on Monday 25th February 2013 at the Conference Room B Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Area 11 FCDA Secretariat Garki, Abuja after the close of the submission, but only qualified bidders, relevant NGOs and CSOs will be invited to witness the opening of the financial bids documents.
8 PLEASE NOTE
i. Contravention of the conditions in Paragraph 2(i to xi) could lead to disqualification of bid; on no account should bidders combine technical and financial bids in the same envelope.
ii. Late submission of bids will be rejected
iii. Bidders are free to bid for both packages in Lot 1, but shall not be offered more than one package for award of contract
iv. Any bid above 100 million naira must be accompanied with Bid Security of 2% of Bid price
v. all the requirements stated in paragraph 2(l – xii) shall be enclosed in the technical envelopes.
STAKEHOLDERS FORUM ON THE YEAR 2013 PROCUREMENT OF THE MINISTRY
The Ministry is convening a stakeholders Forum to appraise and obtain feedback on the implementation of the year 2012 Budget as well as chart the Course for 2013 Procurements.
2. Target audience at the Forum are as follows:
i. All Departments, Agencies and Parastatals of the ministry
ii. All Value Chain Teams
iii. Consultants, Contractors and Service Providers
iv. Non-government Organizations and Anti-Corruption Agencies
v. Farmers Associations, Co-operatives and private sector investors, etc.
3. The Forum is scheduled as follows:
Date: 7th and 8th February, 2013.
Venue: National Press Centre, Radio House, Area 10 – Garki, Abuja.
Time: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm daily
4. This should serve as an invitation if you could not be reached personally.
IBUKUN ODUSOTE (Mrs.)