University of Lagos, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification Exercise for Management of University Property
Interested competent and reputable Estate Agents are invited to apply for Pre-qualification Exercise as a condition to be considered for participation in the Renovation and Management of the University Property located at No. 26 Bamgbopa Street, Abule-ijesha, Lagos State. The property is purpose built consisting of two blocks with three (3) floors each suitable for hostel or any other approved use.
- Evidence or registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of Company Audited Account for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 and Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011 as applicable.
- Evidence of VAT Payment.
- A sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
- A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors has been convicted in any country for criminal offence, including fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit indicating that no current staff of the University of Lagos is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company submitting bid.
It should be noted that failure to provide any of the above listed documents and complexity on the conditions stated will automatically disqualify the Estate Agent.
2. Other Criteria:
i. List and Source of Equipment
ii. Indication of Technical and Administrative staff strength, with academic professional qualifications and years of experience of key personnel available for the project,
iii. Bank reference from a reputable Bank,
iv. Evidence of relevant verifiable experience on similar works in Nigeria over the last five (5) years stating, cost, duration of execution, letters of awards and completion certificates etc.
v. Evidence of Social Responsibility in terms of Endowment, Sports or ETF contribution.
vii. Evidence of payment of non-refundable pre-qualification documentation fee of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30.000.00) in bank draft payable to the University of Lagos.
Submission of Documents:
All the documents should be sealed in envelope. The envelope should be marked “Confidential-Notice of intention to participate in the renovation and management of the University Property located at No. 26,, Bamgbopa Street, Abule-ljesha, Lagos State” and delivered either by hand or courier service to reach the address stated below not later than 12 Noon, 17th June, 2013.
Fifth Floor, Senate House
University of Lagos
1. Each Developer shall be required to appear before the Pre-Qualification Committee and will be expected to bring the original copies of all the documents submitted for pre-qualification for examination.
2. That by the submission of Pre-qualification documents, University of Lagos is neither committed nor obliged to award the project to any bidder.
3. That the participation in the pre-qualification exercise shall not be considered as a commitment on the part of the University, nor shall it entitle any interested bidder to any claim whatsoever and/or seek indemnity from the University of Lagos.
4. Only Interested bidder that have been Pre-qualified and found suitable will be invited to competitively tender for the project.
Oluwarotimi O.A. Shodimu, Esq., FNIM
Registrar and Secretary to Council