National Inland Waterways Authority
General Procurement Notice for 2013 Capital and Recurrent
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transport with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State intends to undertake the procurement of various projects under 2013 Capital and Recurrent Budget.
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, National Inland Waterways wishes to put on alert all interested and reputable Contractors/Suppliers/Consultants with relevant experience for consideration for the execution of the following projects:
1. Construction/Rehabilitation of Buildings
2. Purchase of Survey/Cartographic/River gauging Equipment
3. Repair of NIWA Vessels
4. Acquisition of ICT Equipment and Installation
5. Computerization of Accounting System
6. Community Awareness/Publicity for Dredging and Port Projects
7. Reactivation of fire Fighting Equipment including procurement of water Tanker and Safety Equipment
8. Community Based projects in Area offices
9. Rehabilitation of Waterweeds/Hyacinth Floating Boom Barrier
10. Floating Mobile Workshop
11. Purchase and Installation of Generating sets and power Inverters
12. Mapping of Navigational Routes
13. Construction of Jetties/Ramps
14. Procurement of Library Professional Books, Periodicals and Equipment
15. Environmental Assessment, Mitigation etc
16. Procurement of Stationeries and Stores-General
17. Consultancy Services
18. Sensitization and Enlightenment Programmes
19. Legal and Other professional Services
20. Maintenance Dredging of Waterways
21. Purchase/Repairs of Furniture Equipment
The Procurement will be subjected to Due Process mechanisms and open to all eligible bidders. Subsequently within the year, Specific Procurement Notices for these procurements would be placed on the Notice Boards of the Authority and its Area offices, National Dailies and Federal Tenders Journal accordingly depending on their threshold as soon as the relevant solicitation/bidding documents are finalized.
Interested eligible bidders, who wish to participate in the bidding process are advised to be on the lookout for the subsequent Advertisements.
Please note that the entire document on Responsive Criteria such as Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Value Added Tax (VAT), and Pension Commission (PENCOM) and Tax certificate may be referred to the Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), National Pension Commission (NPC) and other relevant bodies for verification.
The Parastatals also reserves the right to invoke the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007 without incurring any liability to the bidder.
Not later than 10th June, 2013