COMISSAO DA CEDEAO
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234-9)314-7427-9 (234-9)314-7427-9
FAX: (234-9)314-7646 (234-9) 314-30 05
101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Abuja, Nigeria. E-Mail email@example.com
Expression of Interest: Recruitment of a Consultant (Firm) For a Feasibility Study for the Extension of Gas Pipeline Network in West Africa
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) includes fifteen (15) member states covering an area of over six (6) million square kilometers with an estimated population of about 300 million inhabitants. As regards energy, the sub-region has an abundance of hydrocarbon resources (oil and natural gas in particular).
2. Despite these resources, the sub-region has a significant deficit to meet up its energy requirements. Indeed, the energy coverage in West Africa meets up just 54% of the demand while the electrification coverage is at 30% with only less than 10% in rural areas. Thermal plants make up 23 of the production base.
3. It is taking into account this reality that, under the auspices of f COWAS, The West Africa Pipeline Project (WAPP) was initiated in the early 1980s. The objective of this project is to convey compressed natural gas from the areas of production in Nigeria to economically viable markets in Benin, Togo and Ghana.
4. The implementation of this project is now in its operational phase. Although the project has not yet met the expectations of countries due to the low level of natural gas currently available in Nigeria with regard to the large demand expressed in the sub-region, ECOWAS, however, deems it necessary to consider now a feasibility study for the extension of the West Africa Gas Pipeline (WAGP) to other coastal countries of the community.
5. Potential hydrocarbon resources are available and numerous exploration activities are being conducted. This feasibility study will aim at providing an integrated view of the exploitation and transmission of the resources in the sub-region in order to efficiently meet energy needs.
6. The objective of the study is:
- To analyze the current operation of the pipeline, identify all issues (availability of gas, safety of the pipeline, possible non-compliance of contractual arrangements) and to propose solutions for the optimization of this operation:
- To analyze the technical and economic conditions for the extension of the pipeline network to other ECOWAS countries not party to the WAGP,
- Where necessary, prepare a blueprint for the extension and interconnection of the network of pipelines in the ECOWAS region taking it into account consumption points and existing or potential sources of production.
7. for the realization of the mission, the firm shall at least:
- Be a consultancy office with extensive experience in design and planning of energy infrastructure projects
- Have the following key staff with the relevant experience in the field: a Project or Team Manager (Expert in Construction Engineering), a Chemical or Fluid Mechanics Engineering Expert, an Expert in Financial and/or Economic Analysis
- Have the capacity to produce and provide the reports in at least two of the ECOWAS official languages, namely: English and French.
- The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost (SBOC) in accordance with the ECOWAS Tender Code. ECOWAS Commission is under no obligation to shortlist any Consultant who expresses interest.
- A shortlist of six firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest.
- The turns that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Firm) to indicate their interest in providing these services, interested consultants must provide information showing that they are qualified to perform the services:
- list of staff and expertise of the consultant for the mission;
- list of verifiable technical references for similar to this mission benefits: list of previous clients and contacts for this type of mission slating the year and the cost of the mission;
- the address of the Office (location, contact. BP, telephone. Fax, Email).
- Interested Consultants may wish to apply as a consortium to enhance their profile and chance of being qualified.
- Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am (GMT+1) to 5pm (GMT+1), Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria or by E-mail to this following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expression of Interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked “Recruitment Of A Consultant (Firm) For A Feasibility Study For The Extension Of Gas Pipeline Network In West Africa”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below latest by Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 4.00pm (GMT+1):
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, Administration & Finance, 5th Floor, ECOWAS Commission, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
- This request for EOI can also be viewed on the following websites: www.ecowas.int?srvices
Commissioner, Administration & Finance