COMISSAO DA CEDEAO
101. Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234-9) 314-7427-9 (234 – 9)
(234-9) 314-74 27 – 9
FAX: (234-9) 314-7646
Expression of Interest
Recruitment of Two (2) Individual Consultants for the Study on the Development of a Regional Pilot Programme on Sustainable Management of Trans-boundary Forests and Agro-forestry Parks in West Africa
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) seeks to engage the services of a consultant for the study on the development of a Regional Pilot Programme on Sustainable Management of Trans-boundary Forests and Agro-forestry Parks in West Africa.
2. Purpose of the mission:
Environmental objective: to contribute to the restoration of degraded park lands and promote sustainable cross border forest management while improving the in situ conservation of biodiversity of highly significant interest at global, national and local levels encountered in ECOWAS countries trans-boundary areas agro-ecosystems and forest ecosystems.
To contribute to poverty reduction in rural communities depending on trans-boundary forests and agro-forestry parks by improving the livelihoods of local communities through the rehabilitation of the agro-forestry parklands of high agronomic and socio economic importance by their enrichment with indigenous tree species with high potential for production of Non Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) and promote participatory trans-boundary forest management in collaboration with local communities.
3. The Consultants selected to conduct this mission shall, at least:
- Specialist in natural forest management (inventories and forest management) with at least a level of Engineer in Forestry (Bac + 5) or Master in Natural Resources
- Experience in participatory Forest Management and inventories of natural forests and agro-forestry parks
- Experience of over 10 years in tropical and / or subtropical areas;
- Working experience at the national level in the natural forests management including forest management and restoration of degraded lands in an ECOWAS Member State;
- Experience of decentralized forest management and participatory approach
- Knowledge of computers
- Good knowledge of French and English
- Specialist in socio-economics with at least a master degree
- Experience of over 10 years in tropical and / or subtropical areas
- Working experience within the framework of cooperation development
- Working experience in participatory approaches
- Skills of computer and usual software
- Experience in facilitation skills group work
- Good knowledge of French and English
- Experience in developing systems for planning, installation and costing of projects, monitoring and evaluation and reporting (management information systems) of development programs
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects / programs development
4. The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Individual) to indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past five years; IT knowledge; knowledge of the area and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
5. The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricular vitae and the selected Consultants will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiations for the conclusion of Contract Agreements with each of them (Method Based on the Qualification of Consultant).
6. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00a.m. (GMT+1) to 5.p.m (CMT+l).
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Unit, 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked: “RECRUITMENT OF TWO (2) INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS FOR THE STUDY ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF A REGIONAL PILOT PROGRAMME ON SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF TRANS-BOUNDARY FORESTS AND AGROFORESTRY PARKS IN WEST AFRICA, do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee / Forestry Expert or Socio-economist” to the address below on or before Friday, June 28, 2013 at 4.00 p.m (GMT+1),
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner Administration & Finance, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
8. This request for Eoi can also be viewed on this website: www.ecowas.int/service
Commissioner, Administration & Finance