Federal Ministry of Works,
Headquarters, Mabushi – Abuja
Request for Expression of Interest as
Transaction Advisors for the Proposed Public
Private Partnership Projects on Selected
Federal Roads and Bridges
The Federal Government of Nigeria intends to enter into business relationship with qualified Concessionaires, both Local and International to undertake Design, Build, Operate and Transfer (DBOT) of the under listed Federal Roads and Bridges in the Federation under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) Scheme:-
Lot l: (a) Lagos Iseyin Kishi Kaiama Road;
(b) Kaiama Bahana Bobe Kaoje Gwanbe Fokku Sokoto Road (New alignment);
Lot 2: River Katsina Ala Bridge at Buruku;
Lot 3: River Niger Bridge at Nupeko;
Lot 4: River Benue Bridge at Ibi.
The Design, Construction, Rehabilitation and Expansion of the roads and Bridges are to be done in accordance with Specifications of Federal Ministry of Works (the Ministry) and International Standards in such a manner as to provide smooth movement of goods and services along the routes Also the preferred Concessionaire shall maintain and operate the facilities to high standards on a financially sound basis over an agreed concession period.
Scope of Services
In this regard therefore, the Ministry intends to procure the services of experienced Consultants with full complement of relevant skills as Transaction Advisors to assist through regulated phases of the PPP life cycle. More specifically, the Transaction Advisors will undertake Feasibility/Viability Studies and make strategic management recommendations to the Ministry. Interested Firms are hereby invited to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for any or all of the listed above.
Submission of Expression for Interest (EOI)
The prospective Consultants are expected to demonstrate financial, legal and technical competence to undertake the studies. The EOI submission should include but not limited to the following:
- Full name of Consultant, Finn, Advisors or Consortium and contact person(s), postal contact and e-mail addresses, telephone/facsimile/mobile numbers;
- Firm Profile;
- Evidence of extensive knowledge and experience in the role of Advisor on similar high profile, local and international projects; experience in the Highway Sector/Transportation Public Private Partnership (PPP) will be an added advantage;
- Details of experience in the preparation of feasibility studies in the highway sector/Transportation;
- Evidence of civic and statutory compliances including three years abridged audited accounts, tax certificates, incorporated certificates. (Consortium may include documents of each corporate entity);
- Registration in the appropriate categories with the Federal Government or country of origin if not resident in Nigeria.
Upon receipt of EOI from interested Firms, the Ministry shall evaluate and pre-qualify applicants. Thereafter, prequalified applicants shall be issued with Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Technical and Financial Proposals.
Interested and qualified Firms desiring to offer their services to Government in this capacity should submit EOIs for any or all of the projects listed above, describing in details their proposed services, and level of experience of the Firm.
Method of Submission
Completed EOIs in three (3) copies including one (1) original must be signed, sealed and delivered in separate envelopes for each Lot clearly marked “Confidential” and boldly written Expression of Interest for Consultant for (name of road) and hand delivered not later than 1500HRS Nigerian time (16GMT), on or before 25th October, 2010, to:
Ministerial Tenders Board,
Department of Public Procurement,
Federal Ministry of Works,
- Only pre-qualified firms will be invited to collect Request for Proposals (RFP) for the submission of Technical and Financial Proposals.
- Incomplete documentation and/or late submission of documents will not be entertained.
- All enquiries relating to this publication should be directed to:
Office of the Head PPP Unit,
No. 6, Niagara Close, off Erie Crescent,
Off Nile Street, Maitama,