Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service
P.M.B.285 Area 10, Garki, Abuja
Invitation to Tender for the Execution of Capital Projects under the 2010 Appropriation
- The Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service, an Agency under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in carrying out its functions is desirous of implementing its Capital Projects slated for the execution under the year 2010 Appropriation.
- In compliance with the provisions of the Procurement Act 2007, the Agency is inviting interested and competent Companies to tender for the execution of the jobs/consultancy as listed below:-
Lot1 – Procurement of 5no. units of mycotoxin analysers and readers
Lot 2 – Procurement of 1no. Incinerator, Refurbishment of 1no. Screen house and Conversions of 4 Glasshouses to Greenhouses
Lot 3 – Reconfiguration and equipping of Hematology and Export Laboratories in Ibadan (2no.)
Lot 4 – Reconfiguration and equipping of the Training School Laboratory, Ibadan,
Lot 5 – Upgrading of Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport Quarantine Station, Kano (Construction of Gate, Holding Pen for 50 Animals, 1 no Crush, 1 no Spray Race, Loading and Off Loading Ramp) at Ungogo, Kano.
Lot 6- Consultancy for nationwide Crop Pest survey for Cashew and Oil Palm and establishment of Pest Free Areas (PFA) tor Cotton (Katsina State) and Cocoa (Ondo State).
- Scope of Works
The Scope of work shall be found in the Bidding Document to be collected upon the presentation of evidence of payment of Tender Fee.
- Tender Requirements
Interested bidders are required to submit copies of the following documents.
- Evidence of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
- Evidence of income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years
- VAT Registration Certificate.
- Evidence of Registration with National Pension Commission.
- Letter from Banker for the confirmation of the financial capability of the company.
- Detailed company Profile including list of key personnel and CVs.
- Evidence of ownership or lease of Equipments to execute the Job.
- Verifiable evidence of previous experience in similar job(s)
- Submission of duly filled financial bid documents.
- Any other information that will further enhance the pre-qualification of the company.
- Collection Of Tender Documents
Interested Bidders should collect tender documents from the Office of the Director, Collaboration, Planning and Partnership Department upon the presentation of evidence of the payment of a non refundable tender fee of N20, 000.00 only into Agency’s Account at Zenith (Maitama) Account Number: 6011 374203.
- Submission of Bid Documents
Completed Technical and Financial bids should be submitted in two (2) hard copies and one (1 ) electronic (Micro soft office) copy and enclosed in separate sealed envelopes marked “Technical” and “Financial”, and both to be enclosed in a third envelope win the Project name and Lot number marked clearly on the top right hand corner, addressed to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development,
PMB 135, Area 11, Garki,
To be submitted in the office of the Coordinating Director, Nigeria Agricultural Service, Abuja not later than 1 2 noon of 26th July, 2010.
- Opening of bid
The submitted bids are to be opened at 2pm of 26th July, 2010 at Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service, Enugu House Building, Plot 81, Ralph Sodeinde Street, Conference Room 219, 2nd Floor, CBD, Abuja. Bidders or their representatives are invited to attend.
- Any bid price of N50, 000,000.00 (fifty million Naira) and above shall be accompanied with a bid security of an amount equivalent to 2% of the bid price from a reputable Nigerian Bank.
- Any bidder who combined the Technical and Financial bids and submitted as one document will have their bid rejected.
- Only bidders who are found technically responsive would have their financial bids opened and would be invited accordingly for the financial bid opening.
Note: The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall not in any event, be liable for pre-contractual expenses incurred by Bidders of its proposals.
Fatima B.A. Bamidele (Mrs.)