Federal Capital Development Authority
Office of the Executive Secretary
FCDA New Corporate Headquarters, Area II, Garki-Abuja, Nigeria. Tel: 09-6727278, FX: 09-6727289
Invitation for Expression of Interest for the Provision of Independent Engineer Consultancy Services under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Contract for Development of Engineering Infrastructure for Katampe District, Phase II, Abuja
The Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) requires the services of an Independent Engineer to provide consultancy services for the PPP Contract for development of engineering infrastructure for Katampe District Phase II, Abuja.
FCDA is now inviting competent and reputable consultancy firms, either as an individual firm or a consortium to express interest.
Scope of Services
- The Independent Engineer’s duties shall include advising, reviewing, making recommendations, informing, providing counsel and giving opinions to the Project Committees, concerning the Design documentation and Construction Works of the Developer in order to assist in the completion of the Construction Works. Others include observing and monitoring the quality of the works; monitoring the progress and construction schedule; reviewing applications for interim payments; issuing instructions; observing tests, etc. The duties and responsibilities shall be in accordance with the terms of the PPP Contract Agreement.
The scope of works of the Developer on the Katampe District Infrastructure PPP includes the review and adoption of the design, finance, construction and transfer of the completed works to FCDA in accordance with the PPP Contract Agreement. The design and construction component comprises of roads and bridges, storm water drainage system, foul sewer drainage network, water distribution network, power distribution, street lighting and telecommunication ducts.
The detailed objectives, scope of services, duties and responsibilities of the Independent Engineer will be given in the Request for Proposal (RfP) that will contain the Terms of Reference for the assignment. The RfP will only be issued to successfully pre-qualified consultancy firms.
Interested consultants should submit the following documents, which are the minimum eligibility criteria. The absence of any one of them would automatically disqualify an applicant for qualification.
- i. Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Articles and Memorandum of Association and current Annual Return with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- ii. Company audited accounts for three years (2008, 2009 and 2010) prepared and endorsed by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
- iii. Certified true copy of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2008,2009 and 2010) including Tax Identification Number (TIN),
- iv. Evidence of VAT registration and remittance of returns for the past three years.
- v. Evidence of Compliance with Pension Reform Act 2004
- vi. If resident in Abuja, evidence of payment of FCT Utility Bill in the past 3 months.
- Company registrations with NSE, COREN and other relevant professional bodies, including up to date financial status.
- Evidence of experience in providing similar engineering consultancy services for comprehensive engineering infrastructure (similar to the design and construction works for the Katampe District Infrastructure PFP) in the last 5 years; total contract value of the completed and/or ongoing supervised projects must be above N5biilion to be eligible; The information should be listed/tabulated with key details including year(s) of engagement, summary of services provided, type and value of works of each project, stage reached, etc; and supported with verifiable award letters, certificates, name and contacts (telephone, email) of client representatives, etc,
- ix. A Statement indicating that the Company does not at this time have any existing loan or financial liability with a bank, financial institution or third party that is classified doubtful bad or whose repayment portion has been outstanding m the last three months.
- x. Letter of reference from Bankers,
- xi. Accompanying sworn affidavit of disclosure; to disclose clearly whether any officer (or related person) of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), FCDA or Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) is a former or present Director of the company and that the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for any country offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
Each member of any consortium must provide separate documentation for the above. For criteria (viii), combined value of projects of all firms in the consortium can be used to meet the eligibility criteria, with indication of projects handled by each firm. Only firms or consortia that meet the above minimum qualification requirements should apply.
In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria, the following documents, which will form the basis for evaluation, should be submitted;
xii. Profile of the firm indicating history, organisational structure, areas of specialisation, key competencies, capability and resources available. If joint/consortium bid, profile of consortium including ownership structure, role of each corporate entity, a verifiable agreement between the parties, and an indication of the lead firm, should be submitted in addition to each individual firm’s profile.
xiii. Technical references and details of experience in engineering consultancy services for similar comprehensive engineering infrastructure projects completed and/or ongoing in the last 5 years. References and corresponding evidence should contain same information requested for in (viii) above, but with detailed services provided, implementation method and results obtained. If joint/consortium bid, combined relevant experience of the firms can be used, with indication of projects handled by each firm.
xiv. List of staff/personnel likely to be assigned for the required engineering consultancy services including their roles, summary of skills and qualification, and specific individual experience in handling similar assignments, Attested curriculum vitae, evidence of educational and professional qualifications (NSE, COREN, etc) should be attached.
Procurement for the services of the Independent Engineer will be carried out in line with the requirements of the National Policy on PPP and Guidelines issued by the ICRC, the procedures set out in the Bureau of Public Procurement Standard Request for Proposal (RfP) for the selection of Consultancy Firms (Complex Lump Sum), January 2008; and the Katampe PPP Contract Agreement
The pre-qualification documents (arranged in the order listed above) should be submitted in one (1) original and five (5) copies in a sealed envelope and clearly marked “Expression of Interest For Independent Engineer Services For The PPP Contract Development Of Engineering Infrastructure District ABUJA”
Pre-qualification documents should be submitted to the address below on or before 12 noon, on 19th January, 2012.
The Tender Secretariat,
Department of Procurement,
No 8 Ayangba Street, Area 11, Garki, Abuja, FCT.
The documents will be publicly opened on the same day (19th January, 2012) at FCDA Headquarters Conference Room. Abuja at 2.00 pm Representatives of firms/consortia expressing interest are invited to witness the opening of the documents.
It should be rioted that:
- This invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of FCDA for negotiations on the project.
- This is not an invitation to submit RfR Only pre-qualified firms will be invited to submit RfR
- The submission of pre-qualification documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against FCDA by virtue of such firm or consortium having respondents to the invitation. All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be at the respondent’s expense only,
- FCDA shall not be responsible for the late arrivals of pre-qualification documents sent by courier or post. All submissions must arrive before the scheduled time and date,
- FCDA shall carry out due diligence on the firms or consortia to verify information Inducted in their submissions.
Interested firms may obtain further information from the address below:
Department of Mass Housing / PPP,
FCDA Headquarters, No 8 Ayangba Street,
Area 11, Garki, Abuja, FCT,