The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/EIf/Agip Joint Venture
Tenders Opportunity: Facilities Instrumentation, Control & Automation Intervention works in SPDC East Locations (Land & Swamp)
Reference Tender No NG01015472
Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited hereby invites reparable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will cover Facilities Instrumentation, Control & Automation Intervention Works in SPDC East Locations (Land & Swamp).
Scope of Work
This contract is required for:
- Design verification
- Workshop calibration of instruments
- Stroking/function testing of valves
- Yard fabrication
- Site mobilisation
- Construction of shutdown manifolds and panels
- Cable trench excavation and backfilling
- Laying of cables and tubings
- Modification of instrument control panels
- System integration/commissioning
- Calibration, servicing and installation of field instruments
- Replace and configure Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and displays
- Revamp/modification of control and safeguarding system & marshalling panels
- Installation and termination of power and signal cables
- Installation of pneumatic signal lines and tubings
- Refurbishment of environmental upgrade facilities instrumentation and controls
- Provision of as-built drawings and other project documentation.
- Site cleanup/restoration and demobilization.
1. To be eligible for this exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in work category in NipeX joint Qualification (NJQS) database: 3 05.02 (Electrical/Instrumentation Services) All successful pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive a Technical Invitation to Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for. open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “check my supplier status” and then click ‘Supplier Product Group’.
3. If you are not listed in the product/service category but you are registered in DPR to do business, contact Nipex office at 30, Oyinkan Aboyomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your valid DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
5. To be eligible all tenderer; must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in NipeX.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set up in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum 90% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and stare holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms CO2 and CO7
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- Stare proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop, attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this project, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on engineering, project management and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specie programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (15) year.
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O. Box)
- Location of in-country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of mode in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in
Only tenderers who are registered with NjQS in the 3.0.5 02 (Electrical/Instrumentation Services category as at 2rd September 2013 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NjQS under the relevant product/service categories
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, subcontractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever; and/or seek any indemnity from Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders
- NNPC/Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and not through individual or Agents.
- Expected Contract Award Date Q4 2014
Contract Duration: 2 years + 1 year extension option
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and for other information.