Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (RC2974)
Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Phillips Oil Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Provision of 2014 Dollar Operational Insurance/TPL for Okpai Power Plant
Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited is seeking qualified Insurers for the provision of operational insurance cover for its properties and third party liabilities.
2. Scope of Work
Insurances required include the following: Operational Insurance and General Third Party Liability Insurance policies
For the Operational and General Third Party Liability policy (limit S$25,000,000), the Insurer shall retain a percentage of the risk in Nigeria and re-insure the remainder of the risk with leading international underwriters. The insurer shall justify by verifiable proof of evidence with the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) approval that all in-country capacity for the risk have been utilized before it can re-insure the excess capacity with leading international underwriters. The Insurer will liaise with the appointed Reinsurance Broker for the purpose of reinsurance with foreign Underwriters with minimum of A rating by an international rating agency. The Insurer will also handle claim services, policy documentation, renewals, endorsement etc.
3. Mandatory Requirements
1. To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be pre – qualified in the 3.14.32 (Non-Life insurance services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category by the bid close date will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
3. If you are not listed in a product/service category but you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action
5. To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
4. Nigerian Content
Bidders are invited to express complete understanding, willingness and commitment to comply with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry content Development (NOGICD) Act, 2010 and. Insurance ACT 2003 consequently, bidders’ submissions shall be evaluated strictly with the minimum evaluation criteria defined in the NOGICD Insurance Act.
The documentation for evaluation shall include but not be limited to the following;
- Demonstrate compliance NOGICD ACT 2010 (available at www.nnpcgroup.com and www.nigcontent.com ) and Insurance ACT 2003;
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company as defined in the NOGICD Act 2010 or Nigerian registered company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company. Such companies must show details of scope and responsibilities of parties for the work with evidence of binding Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) duly signed by the CEO of both companies.;
- Provide details of company ownership and shareholding structure with clear photocopies of CAC forms C02 and C07;
- Provide clear photocopy of current NAICOM registration certificate;
- Provide evidence of bidders’ detailed binding agreement with any competent Re-insurance company;
- Provide detailed description of all scope of service Insurers will accomplish using Nigerian Resources (Labour, Material & Services)
- Provide current and in-place organization structure with detail experience and skills of key management personnel with names.
- Provide evidence (personnel list and positions with organization chart to substantiate) of percentage of management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians. Also show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria by Nigerian resources;
- Preparation of Nigerian Content Plan showing details of utilization of Nigerian labour materials and services with roles, workscopes, man-hour and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would execute the work;
- Detail past experience / present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian Personnel. Furnish details of training plans for Nigerians specific to this scope of work.
- State any further innovative proposals that would enhance the Nigerian Content for the service.
NOTE: Non-compliance with Nigerian content requirements is a FATAL FLAW
5. Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the Non-life Insurance Service Category 3.14.32 Product Category as at 7th August, 2013 by 4:00pm being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other additional information.
This advertisement of Tender Opportunity’ shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAOC, nor shall it entitle Applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAOC and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.