Lagos State Government
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Lagos Metropolitan Development & Governance Project (LMDGP)
IDA Credit No, 4219
National Competitive Bidding (NCB)
Construction of Primary Health Centres at Igbo-Owu, Itire and
Orile – Agege Slum Areas of Lagos City.
Package No: LMDGP/NCB/SU/W/PHC/02/011
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue no. 1688882 of March 20, 2007.
2. The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit from the international Development Association toward the cost of Lagos Metropolitan Development and Governance Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Construction of Two (2) Primary Health Centres in Slum Areas of Lagos City.
3. The Lagos State Government represented by Lagos Metropolitan Development & Governance Project now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the execution of the works below:
|Contract Identity||Name of Work||Delivery/Construction Period||Amount of Bid Security|
|LMDGP/NCB/SU/W/PHC/02||Construction of Primary Health Centre at Igbo-Owu, Itire, Mushin.||9 months||Naira 6 Million Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee.|
|LMDGP/NCB/SU/W/PHC/02/011/Lot 2||Construction of Prmary Health Centre at Orile-Agege||9 Months||Naira 6 Million Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee.|
Bidders can bid for one lot or ail the lots.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, May 2004 revised October 1, 2006, and May 2010 and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Project Director, Lagos Metropolitan Development & Governance Project (LMDGP), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below. The documents can be inspected during official hours of 8.30am -5.30pm on Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
6. Qualification requirements for these contracts are in the bid documents and
a. Possession of experience as a Prime Contractor for at least the last five (5) years prior to the application submission deadline, and work cited should be at least 70% complete.
b. Minimum average annual turnover in construction works of:
Lot 1: Naira 800 million
Lot 2: Naira 800 million
in the last five years in works that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed works under this Contract;
c. Contract Manager with First Degree in Civil Engineering and at least 7 years experience in Works of equivalent nature and volume;
d. Own a substantial proportion of the construction equipment required to
successfully execute the Contract;
e. Provide Annual audited account for the last 5 years to demonstrate the current soundness of the applicant’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability, and have Liquidity and/or evidence of access to or availability of confirmed positive credit facilities of not less than.
Lot 1: Naira 130 million
Lot 2: Naira 130 million
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents for one Lot in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee in local currency of Naira 20.000. Additional Lots would be sold for Naira 10,000. The method of payment will be in the form of Bank Draft in favor of “LMDGP”. The Bidding Documents may be collected in person by a bidder’s representative duly authorized by the bidder in his application: or sent by courier services on request (in case of request by courier, the bidder is advised to arrange for own pre-paid courier service).
8. A bidder can bid in one, or all the lots of this contract. Bidders bidding in one or all the lots must ensure that they possess the qualification requirement specified in the bidding document and necessary capacity to complete the lots bidded within the time specified in the bidding document. .
9. Bids, must be delivered to the address below before 11 a.m. on April 5, 2012. All bids must be accompanied by a Bids Security or securities in the amounts stated in paragraph 3 for each lot. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below at 11:00 a.m on April 5,2012.
The Project Director
Lagos Metropolitan Development & Governance Project
1, Wempco Road, off Lateef Jakande Road,
Agidingbi, lkeja, Lagos State, Nigeria